Russian Spam

Hi guys, I hadn't been here for a few days and just deleted close to 500 spam posts, which took a while. I am pretty sure I got the ones that squeaked through our filters, making them visible to you, but the spaminating process kept timing out on me. If you see anymore, please report. Thanks and sorry it's been so much lately. I think I am the only one zapping spam now.

Thanks for staying on top of it. I offered to keep spamminating until the xmas rush was over, but when II changed my permissions I figured my services were no longer required.

I am not sure exactly how the filters work, but it's been a deluge of spam over the month or so, and it's hard to keep up with at times.
Hi guys, I hadn't been here for a few days and just deleted close to 500 spam posts, which took a while.
Hi Nycindie,
thank you very much for your work with the spam. I'm sorry it's so much :( Are there technology solutions being contemplated? Some adjustments to filters etc.?
Sadly, I know next to nothing about this stuff. But they seem to be mostly robots posting the same over and over again. For example now there is a user called 'RonnieNix', who only posts a 'never' in various threads. I can't undersatand why someone would even do a robot like this :(
Good luck...

Thanks for staying on top of it. I offered to keep spamminating until the xmas rush was over, but when II changed my permissions I figured my services were no longer required.

I think you should ask him! It's too much for NYC!

Back