The "How Are You Doing" Thread (redux)

I am excited about an upcoming lunch date with a new guy I mentioned here. It's been about five weeks since we've seen each other, just due to schedules, vacations, work, etc. I plan on bringing him back to my apartment after lunch, and hopefully keeping him here for hours and hours! Yeah!

Doing pretty good today.

Azorkane is sleeping (he's on nightshift)
Amber is at work (she's on dayshift)
My son, his lady and my grandson are here visiting.
Today we're all heading down to see my sisters for a family dinner.
My job ends in 3 1/2 weeks and I'm SO freaking excited about that!!
And I have one extra night without the step-kids - I love them, but they're a LOT of energy.

Today is a good day :)

It's my son's bday that I placed for adoption so I've been trying to keep busy. Had my break down for the day in the shower so I could be alone. Sweet Lady brought me flowers and a card to let me know she's thinking of me. She is such a sweet heart. I really do love her to pieces, such an amazing, kind woman.

My girls went to help a neighbor move from one apt to another. There was a group of kids that all hang out together in the neighborhood that went to help. Little Dude was playing hide & seek with Sweet Lady. Now they're playing with modeling clay behind me.

Bud is playing football on the PS4 with one of Sweet Lady's boys. We went to my family's yesterday for an all day horseback riding extravaganza. Bud has been having intense back pain lately. So we came home instead of spending the weekend in order for him to sleep in his own bed. We don't know what's wrong but the pain is constant then he has waves of intense pain which leave him shaking, sweating, sometimes vomiting. Hopefully the 2 appts he has this week they can figure out what's wrong then come up with a plan to help him.

Overall it's been a much better day than I expected. :)

Edited to add pic of the flowers from Sweet Lady.

flowers2_zps6a12c951.jpg

Last edited:
I am doing good. Just sitting having coffee working on aa new chainmaille piece.

I'm having a skype date with Lady tonight to talk through/decompress our thoughts on the changes to our relationship, and to discuss what our relationship looks like moving forward--we're exploring the possibility of opening up a power play dynamic. I'm starting to get nervous!

Doing ok today. I'm sitting inside in the a/c being a big baby about the 90 degree humid weather. I really wish it would hurry up & snow. :p

This part of the PNW is starting to cool off. Still heats up with the Sun out and no wind though.

63F here today, lows are in the lower 50s/upper 40s. At home (Wasilla) it's been dropping to the lower 40s/upper 30s at night and in the mid 50s to low 60s during the day.

It's going ok. Spent most of today packing things into the van. When Maca gets off work we will finish loading the trailer, except for the coolers full of frozen fish-which will be loaded tomorrow right before we leave.

I'm tired. But knocking stuff out.

I am obsessed with this song, The Cranberries, Dream. I have it playing on repeat as I surf the web. Bud keeps looking at me like I'm the oddest creature on the planet. :D

Feelin' pretty good. Getting ready to have a little time off for some vacay soon.

Had a lovely third date this week with my new beau. I am still trying to think of a good alias for him when I write about him here. Anyway, we had leisurely lunch and a nice walk along the river. We did not go back to my place to have sex, but afterwards I felt like we had! That is to say, I am very turned on by being with him, even when it's several hours of just talking and enjoying each other's company. And yes, some smooching, groping, and tit-sucking. He accidentally gave me a hickey! I'm so fair, it happens very easily. It's right on my boob, for goodness sakes! He said, "I wasn't trying to leave a mark, I was just enjoying nibbling on you," and apologized profusely. Haha, thankfully my bra covers it - I like to wear deep necklines and would be bummed if I couldn't. It's three days old and still quite visible. Crikey, over 50 and I'm coming home with hickeys. Anyway, I'm not sure if I will see him before I go out of town for my getaway, but I am looking forward to the next time we can get together.

There are some other men buzzing around me, but nothing to report back yet. One of them said he will call me to get together but hasn't yet. When we last saw each other, he kissed me very chastely on my cheek but afterwards I realized he is more attracted to me than he wants to let on. He asked me out in a friendly way, like he wants me to go out and hang with him and a friend, I think because he's too shy to say he digs me. But the kiss - I could tell he wanted more than to kiss my cheek. I didn't get his number, though, so I hope he calls. If not, I will probably run into him again sometime, at the place where we met. Hopefully! He's funny, interesting, and cute.

Sent an email to a guy that a coworker wants to fix me up with. We'll see how that goes. I hope he writes back before I go out of town.

And have a new ongoing flirtation happening with someone I see almost every day at my job (not a coworker). He surprises me every day with his flirty twinkly eyes, because he is fucking hot and probably half my age. I see his body and immediately picture us naked together, it's a wonderful fantasy. Maybe I will flirt back a little more strongly next time I see him, and see what happens.

Last edited:
Feelin' pretty good. Getting ready to have a little time off for some vacay soon.

Had a lovely third date this week with my new beau. I am still trying to think of a good alias for him when I write about him here. Anyway, we had leisurely lunch and a nice walk along the river. We did not go back to my place to have sex, but afterwards I felt like we had! That is to say, I am very turned on by being with him, even when it's several hours of just talking and enjoying each other's company. And yes, some smooching, groping, and tit-sucking. He accidentally gave me a hickey! I'm so fair, it happens very easily. It's right on my boob, for goodness sakes! He said, "I wasn't trying to leave a mark, I was just enjoying nibbling on you," and apologized profusely. Haha, thankfully my bra covers it - I like to wear deep necklines and would be bummed if I couldn't. It's three days old and still quite visible. Crikey, over 50 and I'm coming home with hickeys. Anyway, I'm not sure if I will see him before I go out of town for my getaway, but I am looking forward to the next time we can get together.

I can just see the new avatar, turtle neck sweater replacing the lacy items...

I enjoy your writing, you are a treasure here on the forum
cheers
m

Most days I am fine, I have bipolar but I've been on a mix of meds that work for me. But today things are hard. There is no reason for it, no trigger I can think of, just down and in a dark place. :(

I can relate to the feeling. Some days I just feel awful, and have no real idea of why.

haha NYCindie got a hickey! Hazards of being sexually active, girl!

miss pixi and I took advantage of the hot weather last week, we considered it bonus summer. We went to the beach twice and it was wonderful. Winter can take its damn old time getting here, as far as we are concerned!

Doing much better today. I work from home and I'm getting a lot of business done. I'm working on poly, BDSM and gay pride related jewelry right now. Plus homeschool for the kiddos in a little bit.... busy day ahead.

Im feeling awful. My son, after I fetch him from school, wanted to get his homework done. Which is fine, except it was so that, when I drop him at mum later, he could play football with her.
I love him to bits, and *I* would have loved a football game with him. But instead, we are separated, and Ive had to drop him at hers, then come back to my tiny flat 1/2 a mile down the road, and sit here on my own.

She has the law on her side, the church on her side, tradition on her side, and so basically Im f*cked. I have to shut up or else. :confused:

Back