The "How Are You Doing" Thread (redux)

Bunnie is doing super well these days.

New boy lives a distance away but he's been closely intermingled with my husband and his friends for around 5 years now. I always avoided talking to him too much because I was quite attracted to him from the start, so it's been quite a pleasant surprise that he has reciprocated such an interest.

We got to have sort of a "date" a couple weeks ago when I was in town and we ended up spending a good 5 hours together. Drinking beer, talking about everything, we eventually moved it to one of my favorite cafe's where we stretched the night out as long as possible.
My hug at the end of the night was tremendous. Twice, including a kiss on the head. :D

I've been kind of riding that wave up until we can hang out again. Our texting and communication has done nothing but increase and become more and more comfortable.

I get to see him again Saturday when he comes with a group of my friends to the Renaissance Festival. Really glad my costume has come together so well, I'm going as a warrior gypsy (kind of a Robin Hood type character). Full on corset, spandex, and all. :p

So this girl is flying pretty high right now. The attraction is overwhelming and wonderful. <3

. . . I had a nice lunch date yesterday with the married guy who is in an open marriage. It was our second date. I really, really, really like him... a lot. He's intelligent, sweet, polite, humble, cute, upfront about his relationships, and he communicates very well. I think we will be very compatible . . . He texted me right after that to let me know he had a great time and that he wants to see me again soon. So, yeah!
So exciting! This is always the BEST stage IMO. The anticipation and intensity of the new connection is wonnnnnderrrfullll.
Hmm... oh, I dont know. I'm not really anticipating and feeling all that excited about it. There is no intense, head-over-heels euphoria, nor thoughts that this is "wonderful." I do like him -- a lot -- find him attractive, and think it would be nice if it works out, but I am not attached to any specific outcome, other than hoping I'll get some sex soon. In fact, if nothing comes out of it, I'd probably say, "oh well, too bad," but I don't really care. I am pretty practical and don't feel intense NRE in the beginning stage of dating someone anymore. I hope something nice develops but I don't have any expectations. If it happens, it happens; if it doesn't, it doesn't, and I'll move on.

Last edited:
Having a hard night.

It's Mal and Djinn's anniversary. So they are (obviously) doing anniversary things, which doesn't bother me (I'm actually happy for them), but I texted Mal 'Happy Anniversary' this morning, and I know he read it a few minutes later but didn't answer me, and hasn't talked to me since.

We text everyday, usually multiple times, but hardly anything yesterday, and nothing today. It feels... Odd. Unsettled. Especially when we don't have our next visit scheduled, and Djinn is still calling us FWB.

I'm probably over thinking, but after feeling quite sure of us for a while I'm suddenly worried again.

Hmm... oh, I dont know. I'm not really anticipating and feeling all that excited about it. There is no intense, head-over-heels euphoria, nor thoughts that this is "wonderful." I do like him -- a lot -- find him attractive, and think it would be nice if it works out, but I am not attached to any specific outcome, other than hoping I'll get some sex soon. In fact, if nothing comes out of it, I'd probably say, "oh well, too bad," but I don't really care. I am pretty practical and don't feel intense NRE in the beginning stage of dating someone anymore. I hope something nice develops but I don't have any expectations. If it happens, it happens; if it doesn't, it doesn't, and I'll move on.

That's a really good way to look at it, though, IMO. No expectations is very important.

Been an interesting couple of days for me....

Went to the Renaissance Festival today with a group of friends, including new fella. We had a wonderful time, of course. I didn't spend near as much money as I thought I would, mostly got beer and food all day.

Yesterday we had an interesting scenario in which, long story short, the original poly couple we got involved with came back around and spent the entire day attempting to repair our friendships (and made various requests and hints at trying things again). I THINK I'm handling it well, but could probably use some insight...I will likely expand in a blog post here shortly.

All in all I've stood my ground and expressed how I feel (because they finally asked). I'm good with repairing friendships if it's something they are willing to put the effort into. But they have to actually put in the effort.

All in all, maintaining a great deal of peace and productivity. My life feels pretty great right now.

thought I had made a new friend last week ... but then just been told im too needy .... ah well.

Just had a positive home pregnancy test... Waiting for Hubby to get out of the shower so we can buy a repeat test.

Freaking out! Happy-ish, but mostly freaking out!

Just had a positive home pregnancy test... Waiting for Hubby to get out of the shower so we can buy a repeat test.

Happy freaking!

It is so very strange to be going through the pain and stress of separating from my wife while at the same time seeing someone who seems to be crazy about me. My wife and I are both going to be moving out of our shared apartment, I'm changing one job for another, will be dealing with the fallout of separation and potentially moving in with this new person. Why can't the universe just give me things to deal with one at a time instead of stacking lots of important events on top of each other! :rolleyes:

Wow! I'm freaking out just imagining it. *Fan's face*.

I'm on holiday with some friends. Having an amazing time catching up with each other.

Today we ran into another old friend of mine - with his partner who I've never met. They seemed incredibly happy and in love. Wonderful to see people as happy as that.

I'm having such a love filled time. :)

. . . potentially moving in with this new person.
Oh, moving in together? Didn't you just start dating her? Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong person, but I thought this was a very new relationship for you. Regardless, why move in at this time when you have so much going on?

Oh, moving in together? Didn't you just start dating her? Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong person, but I thought this was a very new relationship for you. Regardless, why move in at this time when you have so much going on?

He and the STBXW seem to have the habit of jumping in with both feet..

Found out last night that an ex friend/new boys exfling has been spreading nasty rumors about new boy and I.

I honestly thought I would be more upset about it than I am, but she's really no threat. It's truly like a laughable level of jealousy. Until you realize, she's totally the type of person that would burn your house down.:confused:

Still no word from Mal and now Djinn has retracted my invitation to their house for a week in the summer saying it would be too upsetting to have me there because she is 'done with pretending' that she is ok or that she is the 'perfect poly partner' because she isn't either.

No idea what happened. I thought we were on the FWB track, and things were settled (enough).

I'm so upset about this. This wasn't a road I thought I'd ever walk. I only started down it because of her active encouragement.

I have so much to do today, in my apartment, but I am being very lazy and keep on procrastinating. It does look like a bomb exploded, so I need to get off this damn computer.

Thinking about emailing the guy I had a date with a couple days ago and letting him know I am looking forward to the next time. Not sure how eager I am, nor how eager I should let myself appear, but I do like him a lot.

Thinking about starting a blog about my non-monogamous, yet still rather uneventful, relationships. Not sure if I want it here or at a real blog site. Also not sure I have enough to write about.

Thinking about really pushing myself into more actively dating.

Feeling kind of blah today, but I think I just need to get involved in something constructive here to get my energy up.

Apparently Mal's lack of communication was technology related, not emotionally related. Djinn is having another episode of 'crazy brain', and neither he nor I know why. Not sure what we are going to do, but we are still a 'we'.

My crazy seems to be over. Feeling good right now.

A2Poly, I'm glad to hear that things were technology related. I do hope things improve soon with Djinn still really struggling.

JaneQ - Happy you're feeling better!

Nycindie - I bet there would be a lot of interest in a blog written by you, if you were interested. I appreciate hearing your unique perspective on relationships. :)

Talked to Cuba last night about the stuff that was bugging me, it always turns out better than expected. :)

It's always a great feeling when the person your interested in responds to the judgments and threats with "or WHAT??"

Update on my sitch with R. - we're on talking terms again and trying to reconnect as friends.

I still think the topic "relationships" is pretty much through for my life, in general, after this crash and burn (which is why I've kinda fallen inactive on here in the last couple of months... I don't really wanna "purely theorize" about poly on here).

Back