Pets

You're not "the crazy cat lady," you're "the crazy lizard lady." ;)

I know, I know! I've closed my doors: no more lizards. I do like that all of their cages are filled with plants and flowers, though. It makes my apartment look like a jungle!

Reminds me of Ace Ventura and all the animals he was keeping in his apartment. :)

That isn't far off, especially once "orphaned baby season" is in full swing! I usually have three or four clutches of young birds or squirrels or whatever hanging around until they are old enough to go to the outdoor pens at the wildlife rehab. Right now it's just the three baby owls, though. My avatar is a bird I raised a few years ago: she fell out of her nest and really messed up her wing. It didn't heal well, making flying painful for her, so now she is one of the birds we use for public outreach.

Last edited:
Awwww, sheesh, that's sweet ...

Rats! <3 Two adorable little girls, Pixie and Dot. There are a lot of misconceptions about rats, they're actually cleaner than cats and as friendly as dogs (and just as smart if not more!)

Fur babies

I have two 13 year old Cocker Spaniels and two young cats (litter mates). All of whom sleep in my king bed - on my side (queue in JDenver's Grandma's Feather Bed) LOL

My Jessicat is a 13 yr old Bombay/American Shorthair mix, she's a deep chocolate brown. She is actually my son's cat. I got her for his 8th birthday. She's become a velcro kitty since he's gone into basic.
And my mom has a 15 lb grey American Shorthair male, my niece named Hector.

Last edited:
Two cats, slightly irregular, both from the shelter. Ava (3) has harmless quirks, not least that she thinks she's a kitten despite being 12 pounds. Kieran (7) is missing a back leg, nobody knows how.

There are toys scattered all through the house, including catnip from the back yard. Two months ago, I gave them a paper grocery bag, in memory of Ouja (d. 2009) who always loved his bags. It went over well. Stepwise, they've torn it apart (mostly from one jumping on it when the other was inside), & I've picked up the smaller scraps.

What's left lies in two pieces on the floor, & they still like to burrow under it, push it around, lounge on it. Sometime I think they only perform to make me smile, which is fine by me. Still, now I'm wondering whether they should have a new bag, or if that'd spoil the game...

*cracks knuckles and takes a deep breath*
I have 2 dogs, 2 cats, 4 frogs, a guinea pig, 7 lizards, 4 snakes, 2 spiders and a tortoise

What kind of spiders? (I'm curious)

Back