Hello from Indiana

OpenlyMarried

Hello. :)

My name is Jason. I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm 38 and I've been married for 17 years, with her since high school (24 years all together). We opened our marriage in early 2011 and while I've had other sexual partners in that time frame, all of them seemed to fizzle out rather quickly due to one reason or another (due to cross country moves or just unlucky timing). They mostly started as sexual relationships and either ended or transitioned to friendship.

I am just beginning what is turning out to be our first in depth dive into polyamory. We've been dating a couple of months now. My wife is becoming good friends with my girlfriend. It's been entirely emotions-based which is different from all of the previous relationships on both accounts. In this case, I've known her for over a decade (she used to work with me years ago and we kept in touch on Facebook and via text over the years).

So we are learning to navigate the strong emotional components as well as the added dynamic of their friendship. I'm very happy and loving it though there have been difficult moments. We've worked through each. My wife has honestly been amazing through it all. So far she hasn't opened up (yet?) but I think she's handling it with much more grace than I likely will when the show is finally on the other foot. It's interesting to want something so much but still have trouble managing through getting exactly what you wanted.

Hoping to make new friends here. Learn about and from others and their situations and grow personally and in my relationships.

Greetings Jason,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

You seem well-grounded and realistic, so that your relationships are going well so far. Glad to have you with us!

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Back