Lets here it for the SOs!

realamore

I can't decide if I'm using this opportunity as a gushing and wanting to express my joy of my hubbys supportive attitudes or if its an opportunity to just add to a common theme that i'm seeing on some threads about SO and metamours and being extremely supportive.I have been struggling for almost a year with the fact that my husband even though knew I was in relationships, we really had a Don't Ask Don't Tell agreement. In recent months with a serious relationship that I've been having troubles with and an old relationship ending and holiday quandrys, emotions were low and he begged to know the grimy details. Since that time we have been in a somewhat state of NRE. He has even talked about Sam my 2nd partner and my deep connection with him. He even askef f I had a good weekend with him when I came home from our time together. asked what Sam thought of our movie we had went out to seen. He even hugged me long and passionate and said to talk it out when I'm missing him...I'm floored at his acceptance. I know we had talked about if I had serious connection s but the ideas that he went from being upset and sad or scared that I was deep I'm love to now he's totally accepting it happy and joyful, supportive and totally enamored with me again. it started with a year and a half old relationship that was mostly close intimate friendship ended over the holidays and I was really down and both men stepped up to be right there for me.

I have been thoroughly worried about my husband's reaction to me being in love so been devoting constant time with quality time spent with him and he has just really opened and he's a different person all together now and seems so much more energetic about developing a solid relationship. I had been wrapped up with a lot of small petty issues with my second partner and issues with his wife and our metamore relationship. That all went away as if karma said it was not time to deal with those....this is what we need to fix. It really is all about living your integrity, honesty, compassion and love, *selffull love towards yourself and also to the ones you love and it all comes back to you.*
I have to admit feeling so good I'm fantasizing that's some day both loves could live under the same roof with me

Here's to our Significant Others. All of them.

Awww…that's great! :)

Awww... this is lovely! Thank you for taking the time to post. It's wonderful to hear that your husband has turned a corner and that you are enjoying a fresh bout of NRE with him. It's an absolutely astounding feeling when long-term relationships get an injection of new intimacy, and I think that the most passionate relationships cycle through NRE continuously!

It also sounds like you really did a good job of investing quality time in your marriage, which I'm sure has helped tremendously with your husband's security. So well done to you for that!

I have to say, it's pretty awesome that your relationship with your met amour is close enough that you and she could live under the same roof, with you, your husband, her, and her husband.

Of course, be careful what you wish for ;) She may want her other lovers also living together :) And your lover may want to expand to include other partners as well :)

Could get to be a crazy household...

. It's an absolutely astounding feeling when long-term relationships get an injection of new intimacy, and I think that the most passionate relationships cycle through NRE continuously!

It also sounds like you really did a good job of investing quality time in your marriage, which I'm sure has helped tremendously with your husband's security. So well done to you for that!

Yes, I am noticing that even with my 2nd partner, I am naturally positive but always have no high expectations so am always waiting for NRE to drop but it is still there, now to have both that way seems overwhelmingly joyful.

As for the metemour situation, sigh abit more sticky situation that karma seems to have pushed to the side. Sam and her plan on separating down the road because of issues between them, I was hoping that if I could warm to her, things might improve in Sams realm however even his close friends had suggested distance for now was the best option. I realized the health in my realm was the core of proper function for me. Peace comes from within. lol.
:)

I just noted so many lovely statements about supportive partners and even though I had read some negative opinions about the endurance of poly relationships (5 or less ??)and yet I have noted the most on here have been long term and healthy and reading Veauxs book and the length of relationships lasting, I am so optimistic that Integrity, Compassion and Honesty make poly relationships fulfilling and successful.

Peace

I passed the five-year mark almost four years ago. ;) Yes, it can be done.

Back