V from Norway

Norwegianpoly

Hie,

I am the female hinge in a V betwen two men; my husband, who I have been together with for 9 years, and my boyfriend who I met 2 months ago. I live with my husband and have a long-distance-relationship to my boyfriend, who lives abroad (I met him where he works while on holiday). I consider them both my primaries, though for the time being I share more with my husband since we live together. The exact practicalities we are still figuring out. My boyfriend will come visit us both in a 2 month's time, I guess we will have the big discussion then! Anyhow, my men seem to get along fine. Me and my husband discussed polyamory for 4-5 years; he is also polyamorous but "polysingle". We both had poly-affairs in the past who did not work out. This is my first real poly relationship, and my first ever long distance relationship. My boyfriend is monogamous but has been brave enought to accept this strange lifestyle in order to be with me :cool:. My husband is 2 years older than me, my boyfriend is 7 years younger than me (and nearly 10 years younger than my husband)

I don't think I will take on any more people, as I feel very settled/saturated and want to give mye men all that I can give. I also know my boyfriend think having to deal with my husband is quite enough. And I want children too, and keeping up with work, work out, hobbies and friends ;)

I run the local polyamory chapter and is also engaged in the national polyamory network:rolleyes: Will be nice getting to know some people internationally :)

Greetings Norwegianpoly,
Welcome to our forum!

Wow, you're really involved in this poly thing and its assorted communities ... and have now officially gone international! Yayayayyyy; :D welcome welcome to our crazy clutch of polyamorists from diverse countries far and wide.

Admittedly V's are "one of the more common animals" in polyamory, but just thought I'd mention that I, too, am in an MFM V, much like yours (female hinge) except (thank goodness) we all live together in the same flat. Your set-up/agreements sound fairly polyfidelitous to me, which is another thing you and I have in common.

Way back when I was monogamous, I experienced the "joys" of a long-distance relationship for several months. Bleah. Longest months of my life, I'm glad I don't have to do that anymore. So I can relate to the frustrations that may instigate with you and your boyfriend.

So two guys, kids, work, exercise, hobbies, friends, running the local poly chapter, engaged in the national poly network, busily reading and posting on this here international forum ... I, do believe your plate is full and due to get fuller! ;)

Anyways, very glad to have you aboard; hope you'll enjoy your stay.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Greetings Norwegianpoly,
Welcome to our forum!

Wow, you're really involved in this poly thing and its assorted communities ... and have now officially gone international! Yayayayyyy; :D welcome welcome to our crazy clutch of polyamorists from diverse countries far and wide.

Admittedly V's are "one of the more common animals" in polyamory, but just thought I'd mention that I, too, am in an MFM V, much like yours (female hinge) except (thank goodness) we all live together in the same flat. Your set-up/agreements sound fairly polyfidelitous to me, which is another thing you and I have in common.

Way back when I was monogamous, I experienced the "joys" of a long-distance relationship for several months. Bleah. Longest months of my life, I'm glad I don't have to do that anymore. So I can relate to the frustrations that may instigate with you and your boyfriend.

So two guys, kids, work, exercise, hobbies, friends, running the local poly chapter, engaged in the national poly network, busily reading and posting on this here international forum ... I, do believe your plate is full and due to get fuller! ;)

Anyways, very glad to have you aboard; hope you'll enjoy your stay.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.
Thanks! Some in our group was here for a while before joying the national+local chapter, so I thought I'd give it a go, too :)

Yes, I consider myself fairly polyfidelitous. I don't know if my husband will ever find a (workable) girlfriend, but if he does, I think that will be all the future people coming on.

I think long distance relationships are a little more easy when you live poly, because you don't go through mono frustrations of sleeping alone, no physical sex etc. That being said, I am still only learning of the workings of LDR. I belive it will be lasting for some time, l try to brace myself and be creative.

Thanks for the kind greeting, it is nice to be here :D

Nice to have you, I feel that you'll be a wonderful addition to our forum, and hope we'll return the favor too.

Regards and affection,
Kevin T.

Just wanted to let everyone know that we have started up a Norwegian poly NGO and was just featured in our national press. Norwegian NGOs are usually quite heavily founded by national state and local communities alike, so once we are registered in the NGO data base, we might get founding to get some very interesting poly work done. Thanks for everyone for being there :)

Congrats and keep us posted, :D

Back