New to site not to Poly

MrsTwatsy

Hi My name is Jeana and my husband and I have been married for 3 years. We have been and are very active in a swinging community and are enjoying it thoroughly. I have always known I have had a poly mind set over swinging but the swing LS is right for us. It is very tight knit community. The reason I am reaching out to this site is for great conversation and advice.

My husband and I were regularly swinging with another wonderful couple. We will refer to them as Mr and Mrs. During our swing adventures the Mr and I have become extremely close to each other and are now in a poly relationship with each other. The reason I ask for advice and conversation is because my husband is NOT a polyamorus person and has no feelings for the Mrs and wants no ties.with the couple. My husband has given me permission to be with the Mr with boundaries set. I understand this situation is confusing and not normal. My self and Mr just are on the same wave length and it's good. My hubby and I are wonderful exception is my relationship with Mr of which he says he wants me to continue because it does make me happy. Well that's my story now I will wait for everyone's comments that I know will be interesting but I need guidance.

Jeana

Greetings Jeana,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

So, I take it your husband doesn't mind if you keep seeing Mr, as long your husband doesn't have to be involved with that in any way. Is that right?

And I assume that you do want to keep seeing Mr. In which case, I guess my advice is to go ahead and keep seeing him. Just let your husband remain uninvolved as he requested.

There's many many shapes and sizes of polyamory, and an arrangement that might not work for one poly unit might work perfectly for another poly unit. You just have to find out what works for you.

Let me know if there's anything more I should know about the situation ... Additional info could affect my advice. But right now, knowing what I know so far, I think you have a good poly relationship on your hands and your husband's blessing to continue it.

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Back