Resources for Poly-friendly Professionals

nycindie

Resources for finding counselors, therapists, and other professionals who are poly-friendly or may specialize in "alternative lifestyle" counseling:

Polychromatic: Poly-Friendly Professionals.

Loving More's List of Poly-Friendly Professionals.

Tristan Taormino's Open List

National Coalition for Sexual Freedom's Kink-Aware Professionals (KAP) Directory

Psychology Today: Find a Therapist
. With this one, you can select "Relationship Issues" after you narrow it down for your zip code.

Links will be checked periodically. If you find any broken links, please post with the correct URL or PM a Moderator. Thanks!

Last edited:
Since the post is from 2016, probably not. Thanks for bringing it to our attention, I'm sure people will help update it.

Recent links from Kevin:

Here are a few links I know of for finding poly-friendly counselors:
If you can't find a poly-familiar therapist, but can find an open-minded therapist, ask them to read, "What Psychology Professionals Should Know about Polyamory," a 36-page booklet by Geri Weitzman, Ph.D., Joy Davidson, Ph.D., and Robert A. Phillips, Jr., Ph.D.

Recent links from Kevin:

Here are a few links I know of for finding poly-friendly counselors:
If you can't find a poly-familiar therapist, but can find an open-minded therapist, ask them to read, "What Psychology Professionals Should Know about Polyamory," a 36-page booklet by Geri Weitzman, Ph.D., Joy Davidson, Ph.D., and Robert A. Phillips, Jr., Ph.D.
I had some success with the psychology today link, and plugged in the data I'm seeking. I was given the contact info for a clinic, and looked up the professionals there, and they may have a few that would be good, after reviewing the bios. I didn't see any CSAT certified, but I believe some of their backgrounds might make up for that. I'll be using health insurance, so that restricts some of my options for now, until I can afford to cash flow the type of therapist I'm ideally seeking. Thanks for the help.

I admit I'm surprised that the Psychology Today link helped, it didn't seem to ask for poly-friendliness right away, but maybe it follows up with that. Any link we can send you that works, is a plus.

Back