Fun and Frolic With Long-Term Love

I just realized I never showed what furniture stuff I am working on right now. When our Virginia friends came over, I realized that our sunroom was the main place where everyone wants to hang out - and we are certainly in there lots ourselves. Only, the seating is just our two reupholstered “Golden Girl” loveseats, so guests have to grab a chair from our Crokinole table or our kitchen table to make a conversation circle. Lame.

So, I moved the two Danish side chairs from the living room into the space, and I loved them so much in there that I made the guys move the glass coffee table into the sunroom as well. Actually this is where the glass table was originally but we needed something for the living room so it got moved, but it was always my intention to move it back! So yeah, this is what the two rooms look like now:

IMG_7623.jpeg
IMG_7625.jpeg

Amazing - I love them so much, but clearly we need to finish with more furniture. The most obvious thing we need is a coffee table in the living room now, and I REALLY wanted a long vintage Lane table. I mean, our couch is almost 9 feet long. A regular coffee table would look dumb as hell. However, my searches have all come up empty. The cheapest one I’ve located is $500 and the ones I really like are over $1000. Y’all, I am not paying that much for a place to set my chai when I am watching episodes of Lower Decks with the polycule!

Well, when I was out on Tuesday with my old metmour, I started focusing on finding a set of nesting tables instead, as they were usually cheaper and I could spread them out to the length needed. I ended up buying TWO SETS of the same tables - together they were only $250 (which includes delivery on Friday to my house) - and I’m happy! I was thinking all along I would find some round tables, but these are guitar pick shaped.

IMG_7708.jpeg

I think I can make them look good in the living room. Right now my plan also involves moving the pair of chairs that were originally in the living room, back into there. I like how they looked and the space will again be complete. Also that costs no money. Yay! Doing that brings my sunroom back to being empty with an incomplete conversation circle, so my other focus has been finding a set of four comfortable chairs to use in that space.

I looked EVERYWHERE y’all. I found a chair that I loved, but it would take 4+ weeks for it to be delivered. I want this done before my family is here on Easter! My plan now is to look at IKEA in person later tonight. MisterMoonbeam will hopefully be out of work not too late (checkout from the hotel is 2 pm because he has an elite status or a card or something) and whenever he is done with the audit team we can head home with this detour.

I am interested in the Poang chairs and the Ekenaset. The Poang comes in a lot of colors, so I kinda like the idea of buying two different pairs of colors - like 2 beige and 2 black - and arrange in the half circle facing the loveseats. The Ekenaset I love the look of better - they look like the expensive $600 Danish chairs we already own! - but the deciding factor will be us actually sitting in these. A thrift store I went to had a couple of the Poang chairs and those were actually quite nice.

IMG_7724.jpeg

So we will see!

Last edited:
Back