More than Two: Examining the Myths and Facts of Polyamory

Thanks for the link. Very basic and non-sensational. Might be a good one to give to people that you come out to as a primer.

Agreed, the article is a pretty good introduction to polyamory and lays some of the most common misconceptions to rest.

Just two small nits to pick ... :)

Nit #1:

Re:
"Often described as 'consensual and responsible non-monogamy,' polyamory can characterize anyone who engages in intimate relationships with multiple people in a way that is consensual and communicative of all relationships."

Oops, I think that's too broad a definition. For example poly is supposed to be different from swinging, and yet, swinging, too, is (or should be) a kind of consensual and responsible non-monogamy. So when speaking of "consensual and responsible non-monogamy," polyamory should be equated not with the set but with one of the subsets.

Nit #2:

I guess it's my fault for not having the latest and "greatest" of computers, but my computer hated that webpage! I could barely get it to scroll up and down. A great article is only helpful if you can realistically make it a part of your day!

Okay I'll stop picking. I'm still glad I read it, just to let you know, and overall I would recommend it.

CNNmoney

Anyone see read the CNNmoney article on the poly weekly site? Haven't seen a post on it here yet.

Haven't seen it -- anyone got a link?

Good article. It's probably good that they talked about job risks and scheduling challenges. Those are things that polyamorists do have to consider.

Back