Married 10+ years, just considering poly together

Paqua

My husband and I have been together over 15 years. In that time we've been monogamous. Last year, he finally told me after all this time that he is bisexual.

This is clearly something I can not provide to him sexually. We have taken this past year to discuss what this means for us, him, me, our marriage, etc. Our son was a year and a half old at the time and we had another on the way. My concern was losing my life mate and best friend and the father of my children because he wasn't living his full life.

This was a shock to me! I was surprised at my lack of jealousy over the situation. Ive never been the jealous or grudge holding type. For what it's worth, I came from a household that had a lot of infidelity. I am 100% against cheating and dishonesty as it was a hell to live with people lying to each other all the time.

We are still monogamous but considering opening our marriage eventually. My primary concern is time. With two littles, how on earth can he/we invest in forming new close relationships. I'm here to learn. We're listening to More Than Two.

So hi. We're here, we're queer and you are already used to that. ;)

Greetings Paqua,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

"More than Two" is a great place to start, keep listening to that. Polyamory.com can also be a tremendous resource and help for you.

I think polyamory is hard to do when you have toddlers to take care of. But not necessarily impossible. I suppose the thing to do is to take baby steps into poly. Don't leap into it all at once. This way you have a way to step back if you need to, at any point along the way.

If you'll keep us posted on what's happening, what you're thinking, and what you're feeling, we'll try to think of helpful advice and feedback for you.

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Back