Staying Curious

KitKat1013

Hello!
I am very excited to be apart of this forum and discovering more about poly! I am a young adult in a (presently) monogamous relationship. We're in talks of opening our relationship up to casual encounters with other people, so I'm on here to gather information on how it might look like, things we need to consider, and advice on how to proceed. Our mutual number one fear is jealousy, but we are a strong couple. I look forward to see how this will unfold!!
Thanks!

Hello!
I know a few people in happy, open relationships. One couple are monogamous in terms of love, but open when it comes to casual hookups. I've been both a close friend and one of the hook ups. Would you like to know more about it?

Greetings KitKat1013,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

Don't be too fearful of jealousy, we all experience it, even polyamorists. You can learn a lot from it, it tells you a lot about what makes you tick.

I hope you and your partner have a successful journey into openness, and that Polyamory.com helps you along the way.

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Back