Hello from Minneapolis

idlewild

I'm a 33-year-old cis-woman, single and bountifully curvy. I have poly friends and acquaintances , and have been aware of the movement and it's terminology for years. (HUGE fan of Terisa Greenan's webseries "Family.")

I am reluctantly coming to terms with the realization that poly may be the best thing for me. I've tried to process this other places and have gotten some nasty feedback. I need a safe space to figure this out and I am hoping this is a space where I can do that.

My inclination is to be the hinge in a vee (or possibly in a triad) with two men who have at least a strong friendship and who each has their own respective hobbies and interests, but that just may be a unicorn of a different color. I'm very committed and loyal to people I care about, but I find dating stressful. I think it is probably healthier for me, and my partners, to have my relationship needs met by more than one person. I absolutely expect my partners to feel free to explore other relationships even if I chose polyfidelity.

It's important for me to have family and to build a full life and supportive home. I don't know if that includes children, but it would be nice if it including game nights, backyard firepit, culinary experiments, and road trips.

I'm a geek and a nerd. I am interested in things like D&D, historical sites, PBS, theater, live music, glamping, religious trivia, and science fiction. I am enthusiastically sex-positive but not very kinky. I enjoy cooking, being an urban dweller who longs for wide open spaces, and I'm allergic to cats.

And I will stop rambling now. Hi! :)

Greetings idlewild,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

Sorry to hear about the bad reactions you got in other places where you were trying to sort poly out for yourself in your own life. I hope Polyamory.com will provide you with a much more pleasant and productive experience.

You seem to have thought things through pretty well already, and have a good head on your shoulders. (Anyone who likes D&D must be doing something right. ;))

Glad to have you with us.
Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Hello and welcome to the forum!

I am a bit late with my welcome, but I really liked your intro. It is good to have an idea about how you'd like your relationships to form. However, life is unpredictable and things might change in the process... Good that you found your way to this forum, it really is a great source of information and advice :)

Newbie to Poly Site

Hello Idle,
I was guided to this site by someone who responded to my post at Yuku site and decided to go ahead and register so signed up for it yesterday. I live in Apple Valley, am 53 years old married man and fairly new to this site. Would you be interested in exchanging messages with me?

Back