Hiya! New to the idea of Poly

LeLe246

Hi everyone! I am a 27 year old woman who has been in a monogamous relationship with the same man for 6 years now. Through out our relationship we have had a mutual friend who prior to our relationship he had a physical relationship/friendship with. Then prior to him and I dating, her and I had a few physical encounters. She was the first and only female I had ever been intimate with. After my boyfriend and I became committed, the three of us would have an evening here and there where the three of us would be intimate and it was always a wonderful time. The three of us are best friends. Sometimes our friends would joke that the three of us should be in relationship together but the idea of it was so taboo that we would just joke about it...after awhile I started to really feel like this could happen. Although she has reservations about it because she still wants to find her male counterpart. She is now in a committed monogamous relationship and happier than she has been in awhile. We are very happy for her. Although this experience has brought me to realize that my boyfriend and I still may look into a poly relationship. He and I are very strong and trusting in each other and am open to the idea of sharing that with someone else. The whole idea is still very new to us but we want to research and see how other people who live this lifestyle get along. It makes me nervous and excited and about a million other emotions to think about changing our current lifestyle. I'm hoping to meet other people like myself who are new to this as well as people who have lived this lifestyle to help us learn if this is truly something we want to try together. So thank you ahead of time for your feedback and for sharing your stories.

Greetings LeLe246,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

I have been in an MFM V for almost ten years, you can read more of my story at http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?p=257039#post257039

Let me know if you have any questions.
Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Thanks for the welcome ! Glad to have found this group! I read your story and it was beautiful, thank you for sharing.

I sounds like what you had with your friend was very special and beautiful.

Are you attached to the idea that you and your boyfriend will have to date the same woman, or are you open to dating separately? I ask because what you had with your friend was a rare and blessed gift. It usually only happens in situations like yours, i.e. mutual friends that grow as more over time. If you go out to meet a woman to date together, your chances of success are slim.

But if you're open to the idea that you can date people and he can date other people, then your chances of success go up by orders of magnitude.

Back