Selina Kelly's Space

SelinaKelly

Greetings

I'm not positive what I'm looking for here. There are so many poly folks its rather impressive! I wish there was a mobile option for this blog.. I like the privacy of my smart phone. Speaking of which, ill apologize for spelling errors before this post gets longer.

I spent a fair amount of time hunting the internet for a pub/bar downtown that tends to have poly patrons but didn't have much luck. I dont really party, but it would of been nice to find somewhere.

Theres a group that meets once a month that id love to try and attend at some point.. I wish it was a bit easier for me to do that cause I work that day and dont consistanly live in the city.

I probably should say something about myself! Do check out my summary if youd enjoy learning the basics of my "here and now".

Today I feel lonely. I wish I trusted people easier. I wish that I could meet more people and have the free time to get to know someone I live near.

I dont spend a lot of time on the internet. I find interactions to be fleeting and impersonal, I get sick of typing shit and struggle with actually finding people within a reasonable distance that I actually hit it off with.

The person Im in love with lives a couple of hours away. I wish I drove a car all the time but then almost instantly take back the wish when I think of how much I actually dont want a car. My mother and her are about the only things that would even come close to convincing me to get one. Well maybe if I had a baby but I sure dont have one!

I hope its ok that Im rambling : ) Im sure Im supposed to want advice or give advice to others but I dont think Im terribly good at that lol. I certainly welcome comments though, I absolutely love hearing what people think. I love anylising and therorising. I like answering questions.

I wonder what the future holds for me. Looking back at my life, I find it amusing that I honestly havent changed much. I do grow though.. its hard to explain what I mean, but you know how a puppy starts off one color and through the years its coat grows different pattern of color or that paticular pattern on the fur that looks like a heart for example maybe turns into a diamond instead - Thats me.

I have noticed some changes though. Im less patient, my need for friendships that consist of unconditional love is becoming a very prominant characteristic. Ive learned that I dont want to live with anyone, probably ever.

I hope that I keep up with this blog, even if no one reads it. I want it to mean something. Im excited to learn about the polyamorous lifestyle, my lifestyle. I wanna see where in my life polyamory fits. Ive never felt like I needed to be poly persay, hell, my longest relationship was monogamous and I felt that I had met my true love, like actually, and never needed anything else. I could see myself feeling that way again with the right person honestly.

A poly lifestyle just sounds a lot more realistic to me. The people I choose to share my thoughts, feelings and sucesses with I want to have in my life for the rest of my life, and dont think I should have to settle for less. I know that type of thinking doesnt typically get you a lot of friends but Im a pretty comfortable loner : )~

Despite this god awful weather it was a decent day.

Had a chance to join a discussion on coming out as poly to people you know and meet. This was my first opportunity to join in.

I was a little nervous but everyone seemed nice! It was awesome to listen to people give thier thoughts and feelings. It was awesome to see genuine, serious people actually exsist, in your own community. I loved how each person was so different (current relationship status, personality, wants and needs, opinions and general knowledge) but we all share a common ground. I hope I have an opportunity to go again sometime!

Back