Quotes...plagarism encouraged!!

only passions, great passions, can elevate the soul to great things. -Denis Diderot

Love isn;t a decision, it's a feeling. If we could decide who we loved it would be much simpler, but less magical.

If we were blind and had no choice, would we hate each other by the tone of our voice?

In your fear seek only peace. In your fear seek only love

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born." -Anaïs Nin.

“Sickness, jail, poverty, getting drunk - I had to experience all that myself. Sinning makes the world go round. You can't be so stuck up, so inhuman that you want to be pure, your soul wrapped up in a plastic bag, all the time. You have to be God and the devil, both of them. Being a good medicine man means being right in the midst of the turmoil, not shielding yourself from it. It means experiencing life in all its phases. It means not being afraid of cutting up and playing the fool now and then. That's sacred too.” Lame Deer

“Sickness, jail, poverty, getting drunk - I had to experience all that myself. Sinning makes the world go round. You can't be so stuck up, so inhuman that you want to be pure, your soul wrapped up in a plastic bag, all the time. You have to be God and the devil, both of them. Being a good medicine man means being right in the midst of the turmoil, not shielding yourself from it. It means experiencing life in all its phases. It means not being afraid of cutting up and playing the fool now and then. That's sacred too.” Lame Deer

Wonderful...thanks idealist. I have actually had some very long philosophical debates with friends of mine about a line of thought very similar to this (it will sound like the beginning of a joke, but it was me - agnostic, friend 1 - Mormon, friend 2 - atheist, friend 3 - ordained priest). This just brings back all of those debates and discussions...:)

"She gave me a pen....I gave her my heart and she gave me a pen....." Lloyd Dobbler - Say Anything

"Should I bolt every time I get that feeling in my gut when I meet someone new? Well, I've been listening to my gut since I was 14 years old, and frankly speaking, I've come to the conclusion that my guts have shit for brains." Rob Gordon - High Fidelity

"Pride is holding your head up when everyone around you has theirs bowed.Courage is what makes you do it." The Power of One

"The only things I care about in this life are me and my drums and you." Watts - Some Kind of Wonderful

"Life is a game in which the rules change as the game progresses, and you have to know where you are in the game to know what rules to play by. Furthermore, you can't ever be certain where you are in the game, and the rules don't always apply." Brad Blanton (author of Radical Honesty)

Wonderful...thanks idealist. I have actually had some very long philosophical debates with friends of mine about a line of thought very similar to this (it will sound like the beginning of a joke, but it was me - agnostic, friend 1 - Mormon, friend 2 - atheist, friend 3 - ordained priest). This just brings back all of those debates and discussions...:)

I'd like to hear more about the debates and discussions if you'd like to share.....maybe on a new thread?? as long as we can relate the ideas to polyamory....and I'm sure we can!!

I'd like to hear more about the debates and discussions if you'd like to share.....maybe on a new thread?? as long as we can relate the ideas to polyamory....and I'm sure we can!!

I will start it up tomorrow. Just chilling tonight :) I don't want to think to much hah

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways....

One One thousand, two one thousand, three one thousand......

Roger Rabbit

Serously, what do you see in that guy? He makes me laugh. Eddie and Jessica Rabbit

Experience of all kinds make us grow... pain and pleasure are merely the hands that mold our character. If clay could speak would it scream as it is shaped into beautiful pottery? Would it not thank us for revealing it's potential or would it prefer to remain natural and untouched simply to avoid the pain?

"Love can't mature in one room. It has to come out of the full sharing of everything: joys, aspirations, downfalls, all of it. That's the only real path to love." Leon Uris, Trinity

“When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.”

A Quote from a while ago:

Just in case anyone thinks poly is a new idea, read this that I found in one of the more obscure corners of my reading pile:

Be thy heart a well of love, my child,
Flowing, and free, and sure,
For a cistern of love, though undefiled,
Keeps not the spirit pure.

Phantastes, George Macdonald, 1858

Okay...someone had me on this William Blake kick so I will add this to the mix:

Prisons are built with stones of Law. Brothels with the bricks of religion.

"Life is a game in which the rules change as the game progresses, and you have to know where you are in the game to know what rules to play by. Furthermore, you can't ever be certain where you are in the game, and the rules don't always apply." Brad Blanton (author of Radical Honesty)

Heh. That's helpful!

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.

~Oscar Wilde

Dictionaries consistently fail to define words. They are incapable of understanding the emotional responses that some will evoke and therefore do not cater to the human condition of feeling.

"I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control and sometimes hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."

Back