Hi We are Betsy and Jason a Christian Married Poly Couple

GodisL0ve

Hi, We are Betsy and Jason a Christian Poly married couple from MI. We are new to the site. We are interested in meeting other poly people as friends and more. We are specifically interested in meeting other married couples who share our beliefs and are looking to share love and intamacy. To often we run into swingers who don't understand what we're after. Currently we share a 2 person inclusive marriage; bi female 24 hetero male 33. We are open to discussing our beliefs in a non hostile manner. We are non denominational. We support LGBTQ and all races and ethnic backgrounds. Thank you for everything you are doing. God Bless.

Hi,

Even though your ad is somewhat Christian-centered, I would still recommend also posting it on the Dating & Friendships subforum. You never know if someone over there might be interested in the same kinds of things you're looking for.

Good luck,
Kevin T.

If you go to yahoogroups and do a search there is a Michigan poly group that meets down south in the Detroit and Plymouth area.

Interested...

We are a Christian couple and are very interested in this kind of relationship. Now we know we are very new but we definitely do not care for swinger attitudes. There have to be respectful boundaries and genuine concern among all. Paul and Mary

As a Christian household, how do you handle talking about Poly? Do you keep it in the house or share with friends and family?

love this...

I too was rasied in a non denomational home. That unfortunately had me in turmoil for years now and never truly allowed me to embrace who I really am which lead me to being very unhappy.

We are a Christian couple and are very interested in this kind of relationship. Now we know we are very new but we definitely do not care for swinger attitudes. There have to be respectful boundaries and genuine concern among all. Paul and Mary

If youve ever been to a swingers club, (it appears that you havent), you will find out that is is VERY VERY respectful and there IS concern. Everyone goes there knowing that, and boundaries are respected, and "no" IS respected.

If youve ever been to a swingers club, (it appears that you havent), you will find out that is is VERY VERY respectful and there IS concern. Everyone goes there knowing that, and boundaries are respected, and "no" IS respected.

Well I think that would depend. I have a close friend, a very effeminate bisexual male who has told me that Male/Male sex was not allowed in the sex rooms, but he was followed to the bathroom on two occasions (2 different men) who tried to have sex with him there almost to the point of assault.

Struggling Christian

hi, I'm a Christian who loves God. I have landed on loving God and polyamory. Everyone I know who knows (not many, but enough) definitely don't approve nor understand, including my husband. We've been married for 11 years, and he is the most wonderful husband and father to our children. But I fell inlove with polyamory. I'm so conflicted and sad. I know if I go poly I would lose my husband, but I also know if I don't explore polyamory I will always wonder and feel like I'm missing a big part of me. I don't know what to do. Please help by telling me if you've dealt with this.

Hi WishfulPoly,

I have not been through your same situation but my heart goes out to you, you are in a really difficult situation.

I hope others will respond here too.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

hi, I'm a Christian who loves God. I have landed on loving God and polyamory. Everyone I know who knows (not many, but enough) definitely don't approve nor understand, including my husband. We've been married for 11 years, and he is the most wonderful husband and father to our children. But I fell inlove with polyamory. I'm so conflicted and sad. I know if I go poly I would lose my husband, but I also know if I don't explore polyamory I will always wonder and feel like I'm missing a big part of me. I don't know what to do. Please help by telling me if you've dealt with this.

Hey Wishful, we are in very similar positions. I have been married for 8 years, have two children and I do love him. I have been in the church and been a Christian all my life but I recently left so I guess that is a difference. If you would like to chat you are welcome to PM me. My thread is in 'general' and it's called "How do I even start to explain??" Or something like that if you want to read what's been going on with me. It's not easy, I know that. My husband has not taken it well at all but I can't deny my nature. Big hugs to you.

I feel bad for you, I am a Jew, so poly is OK, as long as we both agree to it. Christians also were poly and other forms of relationships prior to the 11th century. The Church then found they had a problem with various relationships including the wife and children of the Priests. It cost the Church money. SO they banned married priests and made monogamy the rule. But as you are finding out there are those of us wired for more than one person in our relationship.
You have to be free to be yourself. Your issues would be that you and your spouse entered into a monogamous relationship. It is hard to change midstream. You have the feelings of the other to consider. I tried the monogamy thing twice. IN the relationships I stayed monogamous, the breakups were not due to that. But I was uncomfortable in them. With my wife now, we have been honest from the start. We both are poly, we talked about it at day one and are totally honest with each other. I still love several ex-gfs. We parted ways because we didn't fit into each others life. It doesn't mean I don't care about them? I still do, one did suggest that she would like to visit and do a 3some, but she is set in her life ad can't get a away.

What just happened to this thread? I thought it used to be pages long?

I'm thinking this thread used to be part of a bigger thread, they may have turned it into its own thread so that it wouldn't be off-topic. [shrug] Don't quote me on that, my memory isn't great.

Back