DENVER ComicCon AND Pride!!

Spork

The same weekend, June 17-19, will see Denver Comic Con at the Convention Center and Pride at the Civic Center Park, mere blocks from one another.

So...

- The traffic in that area will be impossible. You've been warned.
- The shenanigans and costumes will be unreal.

I imagine that after activities officially wind down, the commingling of the geeks, gays, and lifestylers is gonna be like an explosion of fabulous, brilliant, over-the-top weird crazy fun. I expect the bars in the area will be overflowing and people will be partying in the streets day and night.

Yeah, this was definitely a mix of warning/invitation. I know that a crowd like that would be the LAST thing that many people would want to get stuck in...and yet some (me) would see it as an over the top opportunity to have mega fun.

It's all about perspective... :)

I've been to Denver a few times for work-stuff; there always seems to be something neat going on (so says the small-town girl who now lives in a city of less than quarter million people where a new intersection is newsworthy ;) ).

I've been to Denver a few times for work-stuff; there always seems to be something neat going on (so says the small-town girl who now lives in a city of less than quarter million people where a new intersection is newsworthy ;) ).

I think I prefer Colorado Springs, normally, it has more small town/old town feel to parts of it, the city bit is not very big. I like urban living, but not TOO urban...though I like having more options within a short drive.

I have lived near:
-Washington D.C. (would not live there again, but love to visit other parts of VA.)

-Cincinnati, OH (would not live there. Would not visit, except on Labor Day weekend for the fireworks, which are awesome.)

-Des Moines, IA (would not live there or visit ever. Butter sculptures do not excite me.)

-Olympia, WA with easy access to Seattle and Portland. (Wish I could visit a lot. Beautiful place with excellent arts and music scene. Too expensive.)

-Colorado Springs, CO with easy access to Denver.
My favorite so far. Great people, great attitudes, decent cost of living, beautiful scenery, and arts/music/culture if you know where to look. I'll probably stay here, indefinitely. I miss the beach sometimes, though.

Back