Hello from poly newbie from London :)

embracingAFOG

Hi all!

I am quite new to poly but since learning about it 5 months ago, theoretically, it just makes so much sense to me so I'm trying to see in actual practice if it can work for me in the long term.

I have been in a V FMF relationship with my male partner as the hinge. He is married with his female partner and they have been together for over a decade primarily monogamously. They have started trying poly at the same time as me about 4 months ago. They will both be moving away from London in about a couple of months' time so my relationship has a finite end date as neither of us want a long-distance relationship.

It's been a rollercoaster! Three poly newbies, what could go wrong? So many things it turns out! There have been small triumphs and so much heartache, hard work and mistakes. I feel like I've learnt so much in a short period of time. Most eye-opening thing is that I've learnt also that there's so much that I do not know and so many areas of improvement that I could work on.

I look forward to future months and years to come with poly in my life (hopefully).

Greetings embracingAFOG,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

I looked at your other thread, and responded there briefly. To summarize, I encourage you to trust your instincts, and take care of yourself first. You are new to this, and will have many times when you doubt yourself. But nine times out of ten, your instincts will prove to be right.

Hopefully Polyamory.com has been helpful for you so far.
Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter"

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Hello from Texas

I'm having a really hard time when the concept of emotional sharing is becoming real and not just theory. Have you had any issues like that?

Back