Kevin's Hetero MFM Poly-Fi V

2:35 p.m., Monday the 27th

We watched two episodes last night. BH is off today and tomorrow, so we will probably watch another episode or two tonight.

This coming Thursday, very early in the morning, the three of us will be going to Utah. It will be a five-day trip. That is stressful for me at least, I am not a fan of traveling and I much prefer the accomodations I have here at home. Also I feel bad that I won't be here for the cats. We have hired someone to check on them once a day and change their water and scoop out their litter box. And they have automatic feeders. But I will be worried about them.

This Utah trip is stressful for me but it is something I feel that I need to do. There are people who I believe want to see me, in particular my youngest brother who is in prison. And people have asked if BH and SB can come out too, so they have decided to join me this time. I'm worried about the trip, but I am resigned. I'll take my laptop with me and will probably spend some time on this forum, but probably not as much and I guess I'll get behind. One more thing to worry about, right? but I'll live. And I don't mean to make it sound like the whole trip will be horrible, much of it will be enjoyable. I'll definitely live. As long as the plane doesn't crash. :eek:

In preparation for the trip SB will be off on Wednesday. She will take me to the barber where I will get a haircut. This concludes my riport.

6:15 p.m., Tuesday the 28th

Last night BH and I watched the last episode of GoT Season Two. We've been watching the DVDs FNG was loaning to us. I think FNG brought us Season Three today, so technically we could be watching the first episode of that season tonight, but I don't know. I'm pretty sure BH has to work tomorrow.

Other than that, today was pretty uneventful. SB has been home for awhile, but has just got off the phone with ex-SIL. Dinner will be eggs and pancakes. I'm eager to eat!

4:43 p.m., Friday the 7th

So we had our trip to Utah, it went pretty well. We stayed at my older brother's house. He is bilingual, he knows Spanish. Many years ago (when he was 19), the church sent him on a mission to Mexico, so, that is where he learned the language. Then, as of maybe a few years ago, he got involved with a Colombian lady. She is now staying with him in Utah, I think she has a fiancée visa with him. She does not speak English, so, things were a little awkward for us at first. I guess we got used to it, more or less. Hopefully she'll start to learn English, if her stay in Utah becomes permanent (which it hopefully will). This older brother of whom I speak was originally married to my ex-SIL, obviously they got divorced.

We visited my brother in prison, it was a good visit. My brother has just recently started in the SOTP (Sex Offender Treatment Program), and there is some hope he will get out in April. I am crossing my fingers. He has been in prison for like seven years. It makes me sad.

We visited my father and his wife, it was a reasonably good visit. My parents divorced quite a few years ago, and both have remarried. My father's wife is something of a problem, but we are doing our best to get along with her. Due to her behavior, it is hard to set up a visit with my father, as he is joined at the hip with her.

My mother's side of the family had a reunion going on, which they do every year on and around Labor Day. It is held up in the mountains, Granite Flats above American Fork Canyon. Some people stay there and camp out for the whole event. My brother mostly just drove up there in the evenings, and we went with him. It was pretty enjoyable, we visited with some of our favorite relatives.

So now we are back in Washington. We made it back in one piece. That's a good thing. We hired a lady to stop by once a day and take care of the cats while we were away. Their feeders went all funky, so SB ordered two new feeders, which we now have. They seem to be working okay. This concludes my riport.

5:14 p.m., Saturday the 8th

I guess I should confess. Yesterday I drank a whole $30 bottle of wine that we had in the fridge. As a result, I am now in the doghouse. I don't know how hot the water is yet, SB might rat me out to BH when he gets home. And worse, she could end up telling him we're all three done with alcohol, because of me. Then he, too, will be pissed. I guess you could say I'm considerably more stressed out than usual. I said sorry, she said, "Sorry doesn't fix it." Those words don't bode well. :(

Oog! I'm sorry to hear you drank what you shouldn't and that you are in the doghouse. Did the stress of the trip result in killer anxiety? If so you could at least develop a plan for similar circumstances (a plan that does not involve scarfing a whole bottle of good wine)

Good luck, leetah

9:32 a.m., Sunday the 9th

Hi Leetah, thanks for your vote of support. I guess it's possible that stress from the trip was my downfall. I thought the trip went well, but, traveling is always stressful for me. In my heart I want to cut way down on drinking, so I'm only doing it a little on social occasions. Lately though I've been using it as a crutch, and I know that's not good. For one thing, I don't want to die of liver failure. Well, maybe getting in trouble will shake me up enough to follow through with my desired resolution.

SB has not ratted me out to BH, at least not that I know of. She doesn't seem to be mad at me anymore, but I don't know if she is determined to impose restrictions on all three of us. I would like to do better, but I would like to not be forced to do better. And I would like BH and SB to not be punished because of me. I just want to be quiet about it for now, stop buying Christian Brothers port at Safeway, and hope the problem goes away. It'll probably go away eventually, I just don't know how long it'll take.

5:26 p.m., Monday the 10th

So, I changed my mind, and decided to take a chance on talking about it. Snowbunny was home but so was Brother-Husband, so first, I had to wait until he went to the bathroom. When he goes #2, he's in there for over an hour. My perfect opportunity. This was not a conversation I wanted him to hear.

So, once he was out of the way, I walked up to Snowbunny, and said that I wanted to apologize again. Which she seemed to accept. Then I said that I wanted to do better. Which she also seemed to accept. Then I said, something like, "I think my problem is when I drink when no one else is around. I need to just drink when others are around."

She definitely accepted that, she was enormously pleased.

We continued to talk for maybe ten or fifteen minutes, she said she was sorry she had went off on me. Basically, I would say that we now have a truce. I just hope I have the willpower to follow through on what I said. I kind of painted myself into a corner (on purpose). I can only fall off the wagon if she sees it and helps me do it. So it seems that she and I now have a truce. I don't think she will rat me out, and I don't think she will make all three of us give up (social) drinking. I'm still a little shook up from the whole thing, but basically the problem seems to be solved.

3:48 p.m., Tuesday the 11th

Well so far I have had no alcohol. However, Brother-Husband made coffee earlier today and I had three cups. I've been told that dinner tonight will be leftovers. And finally, we are starting to get some rain. With highs in the 60's and low 70's. I had my window open at first today, then the temperature dropped and I closed it. Last night Brother-Husband and I watched an episode. That is all I have to tell you for today.

5:00 p.m., Thursday the 13th

Last night we had some kind of beef stew, with rice and vegetables. Brother-Husband had had a rough day at work, so we did not watch any episodes. Not sure what'll happen today, neither BH nor SB is home yet.

So what happened about the wine? and what wine was it?

5:17 p.m., Friday the 14th

Hi Atlantis, the wine was a local label, Reed's Sweet Wine. It was a flavorful wine, a strong wine. We got it at the Yelm Farmer's Market, maybe a month or so ago? It ended up sitting in the fridge for a long time, torturing me and making me think, "Surely if it's been in there that long, no one will notice if it disappears." Obviously I was wrong.

After a few unhappy days, I bought my way out of the doghouse with a promise to never drink by myself again. Even so, Snowbunny may force all three of us to stay sober for awhile, or at least not offer me any of whatever she and/or Brother-Husband are having. Drinking nothing sucks, but it's what I have to do, it's the right thing to do under the circumstances. Things will get better, it will just take awhile.

But I don't know if she'll ever buy any more of Reed's Sweet Wine. And that makes me sad. I hope I'm wrong. And I want to have the willpower to follow through with my resolution. Drinking is only for social occasions from now on. I can do this. I know I can do this. So I drink lots of water and think, "This water is a symbol of the wine I wish I was having right now."

5:47 p.m., Saturday the 15th

We watched an episode last night, and will probably watch an episode tonight as BH got home from work early. Right now BH and SB are at the gym, we'll all eat when they get back. SB made me a wedge salad for dinner, BH and SB are having some kind of salad but maybe not a wedge. As it happens, SB is allergic to blue cheese dressing.

The weather's getting cooler. All the days on this week's forecast have highs in the 60's, and we're finally getting some rain. This concludes my riport.

I googled the sweet wine. It does look rather delicious. I understand SB not wanting you to drink alone. Maybe it was because you had the whole bottle and not just a glass or 2? It is sweet that she cares so much about you.

9:10 a.m., Sunday the 16th

Yeah, I have had a tendency lately to drink too much too often, like I don't know when to quit. I need a solid rule to follow that will solve that problem. Drinking with others is it, I was drinking by far the most when I was by myself. I have my health to consider. But I wouldn't want to give up social drinking, that's too fun. Luckily Snowbunny agrees. She does care, I think she was getting a little freaked out that I was getting so out of control.

1:59 p.m., Tuesday the 18th

Yesterday evening there was a Seahawks football game on TV, so SB and I did not watch any episodes. SB watched the game, I myself do not get into sports so I did not watch it. Football is pretty involved, in a way it's like Chess. I can play Chess but I am a weak player, I can barely look one or two moves ahead.

We did eat out for dinner yesterday, so that was pretty awesome. I guess that's all I have to tell you for today.

6:10 p.m., Wednesday the 19th

Dinner yesterday was (canned) chili. Snowbunny served mine poured over a (microwaved) potato. Topped with shredded cheese, good stuff. Also topped with chopped onion and sliced jalapeño. The jalapeño was *really* hot. :eek:

There was a hockey game on, but it ended soon enough for Brother-Husband and me to watch a GoT episode.

This concludes my riport.

10:50 a.m., Thursday the 20th

Snowbunny is off today and tomorrow. She probably won't do much with me though, she just wants to get things done. We might go out for lunch. Maybe. Then, on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday (I think), she and Brother-Husband will be out of town for their niece's wedding.

Yesterday, SB got home late, so BH was in charge of dinner. In which case, he got us some Little Caesars, pretty much his favorite food of all time. Square Little Caesars. Not round. (No judgments intended, just reporting the facts.) About an hour after dinner we watched another GoT episode.

1:13 p.m., Friday the 21st

Snowbunny left about an hour ago to go get a haircut; will be back probably sometime before 3:00. It's a bit of a drive to get to the stylist she likes. She's thinking about clipping the cats' nails today. I don't know whether BH and I will do an episode. We did one last night.

Not a lot to report today. It's pretty mild outside, 70° and will get up to 72°. The windows are open. Also we're supposed to get some rain today, but none so far and it doesn't look like rain right now. Possibly it will rain late in the day. This concludes my riport.

3:27 p.m., Saturday the 22nd

BH and SB departed from the house this morning a little after 5:30 a.m. ... hopefully they arrived at their destination safely. I think they're in Texas. They'll be back Monday in the evening I think. BH and I didn't do any episodes last night, he was busy packing for the trip.

So I'm by myself today, I just have the cats to keep me company. They're asleep right now, on the cushion next to my computer in front of my window. It's been a little on the cool side today, so I closed my window. But I opened a couple of windows outside of my bedroom. For the fresh air.

This concludes my riport.

12:09 p.m., Sunday the 23rd

The cats are asleep here in my bedroom, only this time they're way up high on the top of my bookcase and the top of their cat tree right next to it. BH posted on Facebook so I know he and SB made it to Texas okay. I'm thinking today is the wedding. Then they fly back tomorrow. I just have a few small chores to do for them while they're away. Today at 5:00 p.m. (or later) I'm supposed to take the trash (and the glass, and the general recycle) out to the curb. The wheels are supposed to face away from the street. I have to remember that.

It's a bit of a downer being alone in the house. Beats traveling though, I am not a fan of traveling. Except for road trips, I like road trips as long as they don't involve overnighting anywhere.

Back