Philly Triad

Hello community. I just stumbled on this site today and have spent hours reading posts. You have a great forum and it's nice to see how many different poly relationships are out there.

My name is B, I am in a triad relationship with my wife D. We have been married over 14 years and opened our relationship about 7 years ago. I started dating our current girlfriend A about 3 years ago. When A and I first started dating D wasn't involved. They knew of each other and there was open, honest and clear communication from the start, even though D wasn't interested in forming a relationship with A. D and I had relationships in the past and at this point D was satisfied with not being involved anymore. D has always been more than happy taking the back seat in any relationship that I/we are in (more on that another time). The longer A and I dated the closer we were getting and although we never planned on falling in love, we got along too well not to.

Me falling in love with another woman was a bit of an adjustment for the both of us. There were days the discussions got heated and there were other days the arguments lead to what we realize now was compersion. But we were open and honest with each other from the get go so there was never any trust issue or doubt.

The longer A and I dated the more I would talk about her and the more D wanted to meet her. D could tell that I was falling in love and she was getting more curious about A. So as a surprise for my birthday last December D made reservations at a nice restaurant and had asked A to meet us there. It was a wonderful surprise and I couldn't have been happier (albeit a little nervous and awkward. Thank goodness for wine!).

The three of us started spending more time together and eventually the girls ended up falling in love with each other. So we went from a hinged relationship to a triad relationship. The three of us have been together for almost a year now.

Again, great forum and I look forward to reading more articles and posts.

Brian from Philly

Greetings Brian,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

It sounds like your triad formed in the best way possible ... So often we get couples who want to strictly date together and insist that the third they add be equally into them both right from the beginning. And they'll settle for nothing less than a triad, they know exactly what they want it to look like and they'll make it look that way. You were wiser in the road that you took, you didn't try to force anything, your triad came together in a natural way.

It sounds like you are enjoying our forum so far, that is good to hear. I hope we can answer any questions you may have. Welcome!

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Back