Is male sex drive a myth???

If a woman's sex drive isn't as active as her partner(s) would like, it's thought of as normal and something they just have to accept. Whereas, if a man's sex drive isn't as active as his partner(s) would like, well, men are supposed to be horny all the time, so something must be wrong!

This sounds plausible. I was thinking the same thing a few hours after I finished my previous post.

Very interesting!

There are a few ideas that come to mind:

1. When I was 18 and 20 (hell, even 30) and full of testosterone, I only knew of one woman who couldn't get enough (thank God for her!) I found it tough to even find women that would. I expect many younger men don't have the money to come and see you to complain about this.

2. Women in their 40's and sometimes into their 50's are as insatiable as I was when I was in my 20's. Unfortunately, their husbands aren't in their 20's anymore. It's an ironic turn of play.

3. Many men may feel uncomfortable about discussing personal issues like that whereas there are frequently no secrets between women.

4. Many men have had their sex drive short circuited with perscription drugs. They'd like the equipment to work, but the doc wasn't watching out for them.

5. And of course, the natural thought that comes to mind is: "Send them to me!" LOL!

I really enjoyed reading this post.

Thanks and Best Wishes!

Snow

Sex drives are an interesting thing. There's hormones and physiological stuff involved, and yet other mental and emotional stress can definitely have an impact. Back in the day I was selling sex toys at parties for women and I always got at least one woman who couldn't get her husband to sleep with her. I used to cruise sexual health boards and see what people were posting and there were a crapload (technical term) of women posting that their men wouldn't have sex with them and they didnt' understand it.

What people sometimes fail to realize is that you can have issues physically that hit your sex drive, you can have emotional issues that effect your sex drive, you can have interpersonal relationship issues that effect your sex drive. You can be on medications that affect your sex drive (antidepressents anyone?) And if you have one of those issues, you have to figure out what it is... but many people just avoid. Don't want to think about it or really take a look at what's going on enough to fix the problem.

We are a nation of distraction. If we are unhappy, we'll distract ourselves with video games, the computer, food, drugs, alcohol.... All of this affects our sexual drives and feelings and relationships.

And then there's just the issue of people having different sex drives. I think this is where polyamory can be a great thing. It leaves the opportunity for someone with a higher sex drive to get what they need, without leaving their partner.

Not that poly is all about the sex. I know this...

my record was 9 in 24 hours when I was in my early 20's. I'm not so sure I can do that anymore. I'm always up for 2nds. if and when that happens, she's never up for 3rds. I still ask though.

I was in that ballpark too when I was that age. Now, once a day is about my max (I'm 55 now). Even that pace gets tiring over the course of a few days, but I'm still willing, and do my best to not leave my girlfriend hanging. I remember all those days in my 20's when I couldn't get laid, so I try to have a little compassion for women going through their sexual peak. It's no fun when your body is insisting and your partner just doesn't care.

I think it's interesting that we all start with certain trends and then it changes and ebbs and flows depending upon ... whatever.

At one point I could have probably been happy with 2x a week. Now, If I could do every day I'd be happy... more than once per day would be great.

Hubs is a little younger than I (he's 35, I'm almost 44), and luckily he can keep up, mostly. :)

At times I can definitely outdo him, which is fine... it comes and goes. Since he's 3000 miles away right now I get a lot of buildup, so when we're together it's on fire. We'll see what happens when he's been home for a while, LOL.

I was in that ballpark too when I was that age. Now, once a day is about my max (I'm 55 now). Even that pace gets tiring over the course of a few days, but I'm still willing, and do my best to not leave my girlfriend hanging. I remember all those days in my 20's when I couldn't get laid, so I try to have a little compassion for women going through their sexual peak. It's no fun when your body is insisting and your partner just doesn't care.

It's no fun when your body is saying YES, I WANT IT NOW! and your partner is saying let's see what Mr. Happy says about things *sigh*.

Snowdancer, are you in any way close to me? lol

I just read this thread and I'm wondering how some of you have time for anything else if you're managing to have sex upwards of 9 times in 24 hours!

It's that demon testosterone. And I imagine most of that sex was masturbation, not actually getting laid. Most of the young men I have talked to, or been intimate with, masturbate at least twice a day.

Having heard a lot of transpeople talk, the MtoF transpeople report a lowering of sex drive after taking androgen blockers and estrogen. One MtoF person said she still wants sex a lot, but at least now she can get other things done as well. Another MtoF said she can now take or leave sex, and she'd rather leave it.

FtoMs report a much increased sex drive after starting T(estosterone).

I always figured I was pretty average in having a sex drive that calls for sex 2-3 times a week! There are weeks when I'm more interested and weeks when I'm less interested.

Perhaps depending on where you are in your ovulation cycle.

It's no fun when your body is saying YES, I WANT IT NOW! and your partner is saying let's see what Mr. Happy says about things *sigh*.

Snowdancer, are you in any way close to me? lol

Washington, DC, thanks for asking

It's that demon testosterone. And I imagine most of that sex was masturbation, not actually getting laid. Most of the young men I have talked to, or been intimate with, masturbate at least twice a day.

it was actually all sex. no masturbation, but it was also over a 24 hour period. nooner, round 2, lunch, nap round 3....etc...started again in the morning. it was a LDR and we hadn't seen each other in a few months.

I would hope no one would count masturbation as sex for performance purposes. I guess it comes back to is masturbation sex.. for me it isn't..

9 in 24 hours is pretty good though haha..

Demon.. pushaw.. I embrace the 666 then haha.. show me the acne..

I am seriously considering having myself sterilized after reading all this stuff about women who turn 40 suddenly being insatiable. Damn.

I am seriously considering having myself sterilized after reading all this stuff about women who turn 40 suddenly being insatiable. Damn.

What on earth do you mean by that?

Check on the 40 & insatiable part! :D But nothing to do with sterility for me. I think my hormones just finally settled down.

Back