Hello!

MoostacheKitteh

Hi everyone! I am so glad I found this site. I discovered I was polyamorous a few years ago and I am almost to the point in my life where I would like to add another to my life! I am engaged to such a great guy and he is fully understanding of my lifestyle and he fully supports me. My situation is a bit different. I am bisexual and my ideal life would be me with my husband and a wife or girlfriend. I don't mind if either of them wants to explore outside the relationship, it's only fair and I don't expect them to love me and only me if I can't love just one of them ya know? Anyways, I would like to meet people on here that I can talk to about this and explore this lifestyle more.

Whenever I bring up the subject to my best friend and no matter how much I explain it to him he asks "why can't you just commit to one person, is one person not good enough for you?" and it hurts because I feel like he is being ignorant about it. Even though I have always supported his homosexuality it feels like he can't accept these things about me.

Anyways, lol enough chatter. I just wanted to introduce myself and see if I can make any friends. Feel free to message me anytime! Thanks for reading!

Greetings MoostacheKitteh,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

It sounds like you have a good attitude about polyamory, and your fiancé is supportive of you too. So sorry to hear that your best friend won't accept this about you. I guess it's a testament to how much people are brainwashed into thinking monogamy can be the only right way to conduct relationships.

Anyway, I'm glad you could join us, and I hope you enjoy your stay.
Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Hi Kitteh (I love your name),

Welcome to the board, and to poly living, I'd say :)

Sorry that your best friend is not that supportive, I know how that can be...but I'd say that's why we're here!

Hi Kitteh (I love your name),

Welcome to the board, and to poly living, I'd say :)

Sorry that your best friend is not that supportive, I know how that can be...but I'd say that's why we're here!

Thank you! It is a shame that he doesn't understand but I know he will learn to accept it. He is intimidated by anything "different" but I think that once I am more active in the lifestyle and it makes me happy he will understand it better.

That is actually very good to hear....my well wishes to you both! And happy hunting...! ;)

(playfully mimicking sorrow)-- ah.. ah.. you are so far away!

My life desires and needs are much like yours, seeking a female... she can have who she needs, (I have a monogamous male spouse).

Back