Hello, new to all this.

curiousleaf

Hello everyone,
My name is Amber. I'm new to the poly world. I'm not even sure if I'm poly, which is part of the reason I came here. I've been reading about it for a couple months but am just plain unsure of where I'm at. I have a boyfriend of 5 years so it's all a little frightening and disorienting to me. Perhaps connecting with some other people could offer some clarity or peace of mind. Great to meet all of you, hope you have a great day, and look forward to some interesting talks. :)

Are you open to or seeking multiple emotional relationships? And I don't mean friends (monogamous people have lots of emotional connections to many people). I mean, in a romantic/intimate sense.

If so, then yes, I would say you're poly.

There's a difference, though, between identifying as poly and living poly. It'll almost certainly be different once you're actively in a polyamorous relationship (feelings, troubles, etc.)

I think that, more than anything, will help you feel secure in the knowledge that you are or aren't poly.

So have fun figuring it out! :)

Note: If you really find you just want multiple physical relationships, than swinging/open relationships might be more for you. Both legit, just different focuses.

Greetings Amber,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

Take your time, there is plenty here to read that will help you figure things out, and you can post questions and stuff as well. I think it's important to be plugged into a poly group (such as this forum), since the "average opinion" out there is heavily weighted towards monogamy.

I'll be following this thread so if you ever want to ping me for any reason, just let me know!

Glad you could join us.
Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Hey guys :)

Thanks for welcoming me in and showing me around a little. It's greatly appreciated to be able to have other people to talk to, so thank you. :) I'm sure this will be a journey of exploration and learning, and wherever it might take me, I wanna say I appreciate that you guys are here to be a part of it. Hope you all are doing well.

Back