Total new guy here!

Rockguitar2000

Hello everyone, I just joined up. I am poly-curious, and feel I want to learn a lot more about it, but I just don't know where to start, or how to start. I am currently single, but out of a divorce last year. I feel like I can finally be open to new ideas and experiences and explore my interests now, freely. I look forward to reading through the abundance of information here, and about many of you!

Chris

Greetings Chris,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

Exploring the site and participating in the threads that call to you will certainly give you information about polyamory. There may be some books that would be helpful too ...

• "Opening Up: a guide to creating and sustaining open relationships," by Tristan Taormino.
  • "More than Two: a practical guide to ethical polyamory," by Franklin Veaux and Eve Rickert.
  • "The Ethical Slut: a practical guide to polyamory, open relationships and other adventures," by Dossie Easton and Janet Hardy.
  • "Sex at Dawn: how we mate, why we stray, and what it means for modern relationships," by Christopher Ryan and Cacilda Jethá.
  • "Polyamory: the new love without limits," by Deborah Anapol.
  • "The Polyamorists Next Door: inside multiple-partner relationships and families," by Elisabeth Sheff.
  • "Polyamory: roadmaps for the clueless and hopeful," by Anthony Ravenscroft.
  • "The Monogamy Myth: a personal handbook for recovering from affairs," by Peggy Vaughan.
  • "Open: love, sex, and life in an open marriage," by Jenny Block.
"More Than Two" seems to be the most direct and to the point when dealing with what poly is and how it works. "Sex at Dawn" is good food for thought in general.

Anyway, check out our various boards, and let us know of any questions you may have along the way.

Glad to have you with us,
Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Back