Fellow polys on Whidbey Island?

Tungachie

Hello! My husband and I are new to polyamory, and we'd like to give a shout out to fellow polys in the Whidbey Island area of Washington state. We'd love to meet you, have dinner, talk shop about being poly in our small island home. We're looking for community and friendship with like-minded people. Let us know if you're around!

Hello! My husband and I are new to polyamory, and we'd like to give a shout out to fellow polys in the Whidbey Island area of Washington state. We'd love to meet you, have dinner, talk shop about being poly in our small island home. We're looking for community and friendship with like-minded people. Let us know if you're around!

You're not that far from Seattle, which is a pretty cool city. I hope you find like-minded people poly people somewhere between your island and there!

I lived on Vashon island ,nearby, for a time, its totally possible you might find someone :) And definitely Seattle is close! And has a lot of poly friendly people. Good luck!!

I live part time in Seattle (the rest of the time in Florida). Poly World is a ferry ride away for you.

Seattle does seem to have a lot of options for meet ups and such. It's two hours away for us, though, so we were hoping to find something a little closer. I will continue to look. If Seattle turns out to be our best option, we'll find a way to get down there.

Hi Tungachie, I'm a ways to the south, in Yelm. I hope you find a nearby poly group, possibly in or near Bellingham?

With regards,
Kevin T.

Yes we did actually! There's a group up in Bellingham I found, which is much closer for us than Seattle. They meet once a month, so we're planning to head that way soon. Thanks!

No problem, cool beans! :D

Yes we did actually! There's a group up in Bellingham I found, which is much closer for us than Seattle. They meet once a month, so we're planning to head that way soon. Thanks!

Such good news! And Bellingham is gorgeous so you get great scenery and good company :D Keep us posted how it goes. Always good to hear of more meetups happening.

Congrats on finding your group, im from the seattle area, originally lynnwood, recently moved to des moines

Cool! I'm your neighbor, more or less; on Whidbey itself. My family just moved here in June. I might start going up to the Bellingham group, now that you've pointed it out, although I'm not positive it's closer for me (Whidbey is big, and I'm down south in Freeland).

Hello Voyager! Welcome to the island! We've lived here eight years and it's a lovely place to be. :)

We haven't had a chance to try the Bellingham group yet. It meets the third Wednesday of every month, at 7:30pm. The time and location (over an hour drive for us, which means it would be closer to two hours for you coming from Freeland) have presented logistical challenges with my husband's work schedule. We'd like to make it one of these months, though. We did join the group's FB page, and have "met" a few people on there.

Just saw Stoat's response to your thread; if they know another islander couple, maybe all of us could meet up at some point? Lol, maybe even form our own local group?

Always a pleasure to meet a fellow nerd/geeky person! :) I run a tabletop game group at the bookstore here in town on Wednesday afternoons. If you get a chance, come join us! I can private message you the details if you're interested.

Hello Voyager! Welcome to the island! We've lived here eight years and it's a lovely place to be. :)

We haven't had a chance to try the Bellingham group yet. It meets the third Wednesday of every month, at 7:30pm. The time and location (over an hour drive for us, which means it would be closer to two hours for you coming from Freeland) have presented logistical challenges with my husband's work schedule. We'd like to make it one of these months, though. We did join the group's FB page, and have "met" a few people on there.

Just saw Stoat's response to your thread; if they know another islander couple, maybe all of us could meet up at some point? Lol, maybe even form our own local group?

Always a pleasure to meet a fellow nerd/geeky person! :) I run a tabletop game group at the bookstore here in town on Wednesday afternoons. If you get a chance, come join us! I can private message you the details if you're interested.

Please do!! I don't currently have a local gaming group -- all my gaming friends are out of town, and we play by email or instant message. I'd love to meet up with other local Whidbey gamers... and if they include poly folk, even better. :D

Thanks for the welcome! We like it here very much so far.

Back