Poly-curious

MollyTheMezzo

Hi, I'm a twenty-five year old musicologist currently living in northeast PA, and over the last while I've been thinking I might be interested in polyamory. I'm currently single, but in past relationships, I've always felt that something was off, and I think this might be it. Anyone have any advice?

Greetings MollyTheMezzo,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

My advice for now is really simple: I just advise you to learn as much about polyamory as you can. There's a lot to be learned. What it is, how it works, how to avoid the pitfalls, etc.

Polyamory.com is a good place to start. Have a look at our threads and boards and see what calls to you. Post your thoughts, questions, and concerns along the way.

At the same time, there's a couple of good books I'd recommend:

• "More than Two: a practical guide to ethical polyamory," by Franklin Veaux and Eve Rickert.
  • "Opening Up: a guide to creating and sustaining open relationships," by Tristan Taormino.
Take note of the hyperlink in each of those book titles. The links lead to a couple of other really good poly sites with lots of resources (maintained by the authors of the books). Visit those sites and get acquainted with them.

At the same time, return to Polyamory.com anytime you encounter something in one of the books or websites that you have a question about ... or even just a thought you want to share. There's a wide range of experienced folks here, so you can get a wide range of wisdom and points of view. Which is a good thing, of course!

Glad to have you with us; hope you enjoy your stay.
Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Literally any advice. I am blind and frightened like a newborn kitten. I know I want to explore this, but I don't know where to start.

Back