Nashville, TN

ElkSun

Greetings everyone.

Polyamory has been an interesting and rewarding journey for me (and us) so far. Me, my wife of thirteen years, and her other male partner are in a good V relationship, and have been for about two years.

He is also married to a poly woman and they live about 45 minutes from us. He's Army and happens to be deployed, but is arriving back home mid-Feb, which we look forward to. He spends most weekends with us at our place, with exception that he is overseas right now. I consider him a brother and good friend.

As for me, I had another partner for a period of ten months but broke that off about eight months ago. Since then I've been more focused on myself, my spouse and our children and haven't been looking for someone else, although I'm not closed to entering a new relationship if Universe sends someone my way - but I'm not making any great effort in that regard, and quite honestly I'm a tad bit cynical.

Poly of course hasn't been without some difficulties, but fortunately for us they have been minimal compared to some poly stories I've heard. We have a tested and stable marriage and communicate well, so that plays a big part.

Looking forward to the sharing of insights and perspectives on this board.

Greetings ElkSun,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

Wow, you are doing pretty good, if you have that good of a relationship in just a couple of years. That's no joke; I'm in an MFM V too and we had several years of nasty drama before things finally started settling down. We have a happy home today though, so, all's well that ends well.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and perspectives on our various boards.
Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Greetings ElkSun,
Wow, you are doing pretty good, if you have that good of a relationship in just a couple of years. That's no joke; I'm in an MFM V too and we had several years of nasty drama before things finally started settling down. We have a happy home today though, so, all's well that ends well.

Part of it has to do with us guys sharing a lot of common ground. We both have low-key, chilled personalities and aren't particularly egotistical. We're both musicians, and are both married to poly ladies.

We bonded well over time, especially the time we spent helping each other rebuild a mustang engine. I think collaborating on challenging projects is often be a good way for guys in our kind of relationships to bond... working together to overcome each others limitations.

We like to think she has good taste in guys. ;) (okay, a tiny bit of mutual egotism)

Now, before she met him, there were some guys who weren't such a good match. Some were very superficial and egotistical, but thankfully they aren't in the picture.

Last edited:
While there's no poly rule stating that metamours have to be friends, I have to say that it usually helps a lot when they are friends. It's good that you guys had some opportunity to bond, and being chill is a good thing too. :)

Back