Hi from Oregon

RaeAmaya

Hmm... Where to start :rolleyes:

I'm 27yrs young and I like crafts (mainly knitting), learning Japanese, and watching Disney movies.

I got married Jun. 2008 - divorced Dec. 2014. Before I met DE (dear ex ;) ), I'd toyed with the idea of being poly though at the time I didn't know what to call it and I didn't think of it in the most ethical terms. When I got married, we were both mono and stayed that way. Summer 2014 I found out about poly as a lifestyle and was very interested. DE wasn't. We decided to go separate ways (but we'll stay friends :) ).

A slight complication: I'm crushing on a classmate of mine (I'll call him PS) who is poly though temporarily practically mono and he knows I like him, but doesn't reciprocate. We're friends in and outside of class, but I've only known him since mid Oct. 2014. PS offered to answer questions I have about poly, but I'm not sure what to ask since poly can mean different things to different people so my questions would prolly be a bit personal which feels weird to me because I'm crazy about him and he knows it! ... Eesh :rolleyes:

So here I am! Bright eyed, bushy tailed, and curious about my chosen path. I've read (and am rereading) The Ethical Slut and I want to know more from people I can interact with. I hope to learn, make friends, and possibly contribute to the community :D

Hi RaeAmaya, and welcome!

I hope you enjoy being here with us on the forum, and that we get to hear more from you!

~ Sparklepop

Thank you both for your welcomes :) I'm excited to have found a place to express myself and learn from similar-minded people!

Greetings RaeAmaya,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

I believe you'll be able to participate a lot here, both giving and receiving thoughts and advice. And I look forward to that! I think you'll make many friends here as well.

Now if we could just find a way to strike PS's heart with one of Cupid's arrows. ;)

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Greetings RaeAmaya,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

I believe you'll be able to participate a lot here, both giving and receiving thoughts and advice. And I look forward to that! I think you'll make many friends here as well.

Thank you, kdt26417 :) I've been lurking for a bit and I just started to barely dip my toes in the waters of active participation :D Exciting

Now if we could just find a way to strike PS's heart with one of Cupid's arrows. ;)

:) He seems to enjoy my company so I think it'll prolly just be a matter of being myself (amazingly difficult because my brain goes on vacation EVERY time I'm around him :rolleyes: ). Also, I'm trying to figure out my personal style of poly (boundaries, what I want, etc) so I don't want to just jump into a relationship... But... I also really do! :rolleyes: :D Eesh.

Don'tcha hate it when ya can't make up your mind? ;)

Don'tcha hate it when ya can't make up your mind? ;)

SOOO MUCH!!!! Life would be at least a little easier if I could decide one way or the other. :rolleyes: But what can I do at this point except see where it goes ;) I know - Hang on for dear life! Lol

Life is a rollercoaster, so sit back, hang on tight, and enjoy the ride. :eek:

Hi...sorry to disturb your evening....we both find you attractive and we're wondering if you had every considered dating and living with a couple? Sort of a sister wife or a nanny/friend with benifits

Hi...sorry to disturb your evening....we both find you attractive and we're wondering if you had every considered dating and living with a couple? Sort of a sister wife or a nanny/friend with benifits

Totally inappropriate to post this here.

How do they find her attractive if she hasn't uploaded any pics? :confused:

How do they find her attractive if she hasn't uploaded any pics? :confused:

I wondered the same thing. Then I realized that they're self-professed unicorn hunters who are looking for a live-in nanny who'll fuck them both. So, I'm guessing that as long as a woman is single, willing to babysit for free, and bi and willing to fuck them both, she'd be attractive to them regardless of most anything else (personality, interests, appearance, etc). Because she's not a "real" person, after all--she is whatever they've dreamed up in their heads as a perfect "addition" to their sex life and need for childcare and housekeeping. :rolleyes:

hello from Iowa

I am a happily married (20 plus years) female; unexpectedly got a sexual girlfiend a couple of years ago and thought it some strange midlife crisis but then I read Ethical Slut and suggested to my husband that our relationship could manage this type of life. I always did see monagomy as a silly notion.

Turns out my husband is pretty good at getting girlfriends and it has been quite a learning experience to work through all those feelings of insecurity and fear, but in the end I am rather turned on by him being satisfied sexually by someone else.

Turns out my girlfriend was alcoholic (I knew it from the start) and couldn't give me the emotional friendship part I needed. I have learned from the glossary on this very site that she would be called Tertiary. I still feel some drive to get another girl, but it seems like a lot of work and kind of hard to connect with like minded others in my little midwest world.

At any rate, I am a poly enthusiast if not for my present life situation, then for the freedom and experience of myriad loving relationships that it could represent. I hope to gain support and maybe a little clarity for this new and strange world.

Back