Saint Louis MF Bi Couple

Dominic

Hello!

My wife and I are based in Saint Louis, poly, STI free and both bisexual. We are happily married, have a very close relationship and healthy sex life. I'm 31. She's 36.

We've both previously been in poly relationships and strongly prefer the "closed poly circle" variety of polyamory. In other words, everyone in our poly circle is exclusive sexually/romantically to only those in the circle, and everyone has an intimate relationship (though not required to be a sexual one) with one another. For example, if I had a boyfriend, they wouldn't have to be sexual with my wife but should be comfortable cuddling her, etc. It's very packlike.

I'm sure there's terminology for describing this with greater brevity but we usually end up explaining it anyway!

We're not necessarily looking but, being poly, we're always open to welcoming love and intimacy into our lives. We're pretty happy sexually already, so our interest tends to be oriented towards relationships rather than focused on seeking sexual partners.

We're fun, open minded, kinky, intelligent, passionate people.

Feel free to ask questions!

Greetings Dominic,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

"Closed poly circle" sounds about right to me, though like you said you kind of have to explain it anyway. Have you and your wife been married long? Any kids? How did you meet?

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.
Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Hello once again Dominic,

This closed poly cirlcle, how many people are involved? is that something that fluctuates?

Just curious. I'm involved with 2 women. I think they call that a Triad? not sure. This whole thing kinda popped out of nowhere. My wife was super straight, homophobic even, next think you know she can't get enough of our gf.

I've always wanted something like that but never really thought it possible. lol

We're in the soco area, what about you?

If there's three people and all three are intimately and/or sexually involved with the other two, it is called a triad.

"Hardlyflacid," eh? I had to laugh out loud at that screenname!

Another way to approach "closed poly circle" is to call it polyfidelity (polyfi for short) but many aren't familiar enough with the word to understand its distinctions from your more free love types of polyamory.

Have you and your wife been married long? Any kids? How did you meet?

We've been together nearly 3 years and married half that time. We met at a munch (fetish/BDSM social, though I expect most here are at least peripherally familiar with the word). We have 2 children; it's majority custody, though, so we still have about 2-3 nights a week kid-free.

Thank you for the kind welcome!

Hello once again Dominic,

This closed poly cirlcle, how many people are involved? is that something that fluctuates?

Just curious. I'm involved with 2 women. I think they call that a Triad? not sure. This whole thing kinda popped out of nowhere. My wife was super straight, homophobic even, next think you know she can't get enough of our gf.

I've always wanted something like that but never really thought it possible. lol

We're in the soco area, what about you?

Hello!

A closed poly circle can have as many or as few people as you want, and doesn't fall into the strict numeric descriptors poly people like to use. It does tend to fluctuate over time but not as rapidly as some poly groups; since everyone in the circle needs to consent to and connect with a new person, they tend to stick around.

At the moment, it's just my wife and I, but we've both been poly for years. Mainly due to being super busy, we haven't really had time, until now, to entertain actually having more people in our circle (i.e. having an additional relationship) but we've played around with others here and there.

We're west county (more 270ish than Chesterfield).

Re (from Dominic):
"Another way to approach 'closed poly circle' is to call it polyfidelity (poly-fi for short) but many aren't familiar enough with the word to understand its distinctions from your more free love types of polyamory."

Aha; I happen to be in a poly-fi V.

Re:
"We've been together nearly three years and married half that time. We met at a munch. We have two children; it's majority custody, though, so we still have about 2-3 nights a week kid-free."

Cool beans.

Back