Poly husband in Pittsburgh PA

eightball

Hi All,

I'm Chris, and my wife is also a member on here. We are both very new to being poly, she has known about it all her life but only recently embraced it. I have been bisexual all my life, and also only recently embraced it. I am having quite a hard time dealing with some jealousy issues lately, I'm seeing a poly-friendly therapist, and we are working through things. I'm hoping that I can meet someone here to guide me through this process. She has a boyfriend we met several months ago that started out as a threesome, and she's fallen in love with him. They are great together, I used to feel very insecure, but I am finding that I am feeling very secure each day. The jealousy is still there, but I am wading my way through it, not letting it control me, just acknowledging it is there, and trying to find the root cause of it.

I'm also hoping to meet someone I can get to know as well. I am a very caring, loving, compassionate and empathetic person who cares very deeply for my wife and wants with every fiber of my being to make this works. I think it will be great for both of us. In my spare time I enjoy painting D&D minis, tinkering with electronic stuff (I built a mini arcade machine) and riding my motorcycle.

Hope to get to know you all!

Oh, I'm married to Loverofall, another new member on here, and I'm not here to stalk or invade privacy. She knows I am a member on here, is supportive of me (and I am supportive of her) and we are actively working together as a couple to embrace this new exciting kind of lifestyle.

Are their many bi-sexual men on here? I sort of dipped my toes in the swingers community forums a while ago, and I got the general impression that while bi-sexual females are hoisted on shoulders and carried through the streets like the roman nobles of old, bisexual men are looked upon as extremely undesirable.

Last edited:
Oh, I'm married to Loverofall, another new member on here, and I'm not here to stalk or invade privacy. She knows I am a member on here, is supportive of me (and I am supportive of her) and we are actively working together as a couple to embrace this new exciting kind of lifestyle.

Are their many bi-sexual men on here? I sort of dipped my toes in the swingers community forums a while ago, and I got the general impression that while bi-sexual females are hoisted on shoulders and carried through the streets like the roman nobles of old, bisexual men are looked upon as extremely undesirable.

Hello and welcome. I think it is fabulous that you and she are supportive of each other and both present here. We are also in the Pittsburgh area. Neither of my primary partners are bi but our girlfriend's husband is (he is, however, not on this site.) My impression is that the poly "community" (if there is such a thing!) is more accepting of bi-men than the swinging community is.

We've attending a few PARG Meet-Up events and I found them to be open-minded and interesting people.

Thanks for the reply! We are on meetup as well, loveforall16 is our joint username, although I use it more than my wife. We are planning on going to a few of the PARG meetup events, and I'm glad to hear you said they are interesting and open minded group. We aren't looking for more partners at the moment, but I am very hopeful to meet other people in my situation, to see what has worked for them, and pass on what has worked for us.

Nice to meet you!

Greetings Chris (Loverofall too),
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

Sounds like you guys have a positive outlook in general. There's a lot of good people on this site you can meet and work with, so just dig in and let us know how we can help.

Jealousy has any number of root causes; if it's not insecurity it could be some need that's not being met. It might help to write down the thoughts you are having when a round of jealousy hits. If you want to journal that stuff here you can do so on the Life stories and blogs board. Or if you try Poly Relationships Corner or General Poly Discussions you'll probably get more people to actually coach you through it.

I tend to mostly follow the intro board, but if you ping me in this thread with a link to another thread, I'll follow that link and help out if I can.

Glad you could join us.
Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Back