From Northern California

Hello,
new to this site! Been wondering how to meet people and have questions.

I had been in a few poly relationships years ago (we called it "open" back then) but tried to live with monogamy even though it never felt natural. Over the years, I cheated and wished I could be honest about it. (I always thought that the relationship in Paint Your Wagon with Elizabeth, Ben and Partner was the "ideal" arrangement!!). I have now been single for 3 years and have trouble finding even one person to date let alone more than one which I would like very much!

I live rurally and although I am only a few hours from the nearest large city, I am not locating "my species" for which to date. I am open to poly, I am kinky and on FetLife and OKCupid...I guess I am stilling learning patience but at my age, 45, would like to get on with life and share the adventure. In the mean time, I thought coming to the forum would help me not feel like I am the "only one" interested in this lifestyle because in my network of friends and community, I am.

So hello, nice to meet all of you and I hope to find out about events and meet ups in Northern California! Luvs!!!

Hi there, Bliss! Happy to know you. :) My wife and I only recently came out that we wanted to live the poly life. I am 41 and she is 26. We secretly desired multiple loves for years, but never had the courage to explore it, until now. We, too, live in a rural area right now, and are actually driving 2.75 hours to Portland for our first poly group event today. It's the closest place with poly groups, unfortunately.

I'm glad you decided to join here and share your story. If you would like to chat more about life, feel free to PM me. Otherwise, welcome! :)

By the way, if I'm not being too forward, you look lovely in your profile photo. :)

Greetings Blissismydivision,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

I can list you some more links you can use to look for poly groups and people ...

Sometimes you have to get creative. FetLife has quite a strong little search engine, do a search there for "polyamory" if you haven't already and note that it helps you find both people and groups.

I've seen Paint Your Wagon and loved the MFM V they portrayed in it. There's actually several notable movies I've seen with the MFM V motif:

• "December Bride" (1990).
  • "A Small Circle of Friends" (1980).
  • "Bandits" (2001).
  • "Paint Your Wagon" (1969).
December Bride is my favorite.

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Back