My Own Disney Princess Story

Candiedlove

If anyone here has seen Enchanted, it's a story that has very much resonated with me. Sure, the Disney princess/prince love stories are ridiculous. But no more so than the rest of the silly ideas that real people have about what love and romance is.

I rarely hear a love song on the radio that doesn't make me roll my eyes.

Anyway, my poly story began as a simple, three week long fling...that just never ended. It was a rough start, but that part is, thankfully, soon going to be over.

I'd rather write about the happy things. How happy he makes me. How perfectly we align. He's not perfect, of course. But he's perfect for me. Even if he'd be wrong for 99% of women out there. He's perfect for 1%, and I'm one of them.

I'm missing him very much right now. Won't see him for three weeks (it's been one of those weeks already). I'm seeing our(?) girlfriend on Monday. It's amazing how happy he is for me, that I get this comfort. He'd like to be there for me, too, of course, and see her together. But he'd rather see me taken care of, than resent that I get to see her and he doesn't.

Seriously, love that man.

When it rains

I've been feeling very lonely this past couple of weeks. And all our prospectives rather died off. But than a new influx of dates came in-- again!!

A series of double dates, a prospective girlfriend in my hometown, and at least one of the double dates looks like it has the potential to be a lasting relationship.

I'm so excited!

Well, "cowgirl" isn't the right term, but I don't have a proper term. He broke up with his FWB today after she admitted to not being okay with me being with him.

She and he were supposed to call me during their date (this is their second) and when it came time, she, in his words, "went back on her word." Which greatly upset him and led to him telling her their date was over (it was supposed to last all afternoon). She told him that she wanted a mono relationship and just didn't want to be reminded of me (basically a DaDt). Which he completely has no interest in.

It's made me realize that I still have some issues I'm not yet over. Feelings of the other woman not wanting me around and wanting to get rid of me. Of refusing to acknowledge my importance in his life.

I know I can trust him to remove those women from our lives, but I hate feeling like I've pulled a veto, even though I never have, it's always his choice.

Ugh.

Just gotta remember these things happen.

And the trickle opens up...

The last series of dates was a complete wash, but I've been flirting online with a cute gamer girl, he's found a promising new girlfriend (a doctor in her early 30s), and an old crush has settled into our lives and wants a date this Thursday.

After three weeks apart, I get to see him tomorrow (10 days in a row) and I'm beyond excited at how awesome these next two weeks are going to be!

Back