Acceptance.

basketcase

I've never been fully comfortable classifying myself as strait, but I have never at all identified as gay either. I've always been more attracted to people than specific genders, although I do lean much toward women. After discovering the concept of polyamory, and researching it a bit, I have finally found something where I feel comfortable.

My wife has been very receptive of all this, but we have decided to hold off on actively pursuing others until we work out a few problems we have been having. The few others I have talked to about this, people who are normally very open minded and accepting of alternative lifestyles have not reacted quite so well. Even some people I know in open relationships seem to be appalled at the idea of actually surely loving more than one person. No one can seem to comprehend, this is not about sex. I would gladly give up sex for good if it meant I could be completely fulfilled emotionally, intellectually, and intimately. This is something I honestly see as impossible with a single person.

This isn't an really in inquiry for advice or anything like that. I just have been lurking here for a while, and I needed to communicate with some others who would hopefully understand.

I can understand that one COMPLETELY. Sorry you don't have anyone in "real life" that can. That sucks. I've always had my core group of friends and they accept me no matter what-but it is frustrated that the majority of people are so incapable of comprehending it.

Sounds like you're off to a very good start!

Back