Anyone else not getting immediate email notifications?

drinnt

Ever since I joined this site years ago I noticed that I do not get immediate email notifications to my subscribed threads even though my settings clearly reflect that.

D joined the site for a time and she was getting them.

Anyone have thoughts on a fix for this?

I took a look at your profile from my end, and it does indicate that "Instant email notification" is selected for your subscriptions. I can't change any of your selections, but my thought was maybe you could unsubscribe and then resubscribe to the threads and see if that works to reset something.

I took a look at your profile from my end, and it does indicate that "Instant email notification" is selected for your subscriptions. I can't change any of your selections, but my thought was maybe you could unsubscribe and then resubscribe to the threads and see if that works to reset something.

Yeah I thought that too. I did that to this one, actually. Nothing yet.

Silly question, but could it have something to do with your email? Is it trying to filter out your notifications as spam or something maybe?

I know that my email occasionally takes a while to receive messages that I KNOW have been sent, like when I need a verification code for something or I've just sent myself something from a different address, it doesn't show up instantly...but then other things do.

So might the problem be with your email rather than this site, I wonder?

You should generally get a single notification for any subscribed thread that has activity on it, *until* the next time you visit the forum. At the point that you've caught up on the thread, and then it will send another notification when it's next active.
Thus you won't get notifications for every post that occurs in a thread...only the first since your last visit.

Yeah, I'm getting absolutely nothing. I don't have a spam filter to speak of. If it's filtering polyamory.com then it certainly should not be letting through all the swinger site notifications I get. It's just not working. Weird. I'm on other forums and those work just fine.

Back