Polyandry advice required

Hey there. We have been through all of this. First of all, sorry to hear that your family is not accepting and making it hard for you. Mine was as well and that of my husband ... well, they needed time.

In short: I am with my husband for 16 years by now. I met my bf about 9 years ago and we became a couple in 2011. Because of the long time everyone was acquainted to each other we were able to 'rush' into things and it worked out. My husband was able to speak about my bf as family right after I told him about my feelings. I second that it is important how you feel about each other. If you can view each other as family, beneficial for each others life and not a burden for your individual relationship it can work out. Just keep talking and communicating what it is each of you needs.

Concerning family stuff: Give them time. My family needed about two years to really be ok with everything. The family of my husband, especially his mother, was shocked. But even she is able to support us and be happy for us by now.

I wrote about everything in the blog section on this forum. Wishing you luck and strong nerves :)

Back