How do you deal

cosmic8283

With the current culture in America so fixated on the "traditional" vision of marage, how do you handle all those judgemetal people who would disaprove of open marages, and how do you explain to children the concept of being in love with more than one person? My wife and I live in Oklahoma, right in the middle of the Bible belt where "traditional" values seem to be the only accepted values...We would love to find and explore a friendship with people that are not so... closed minded

Bible Belt

I understand how you feel. I'm in the Bible Belt too. I started seeing a sex therapist to help me deal with my different ideologies. She's been amazing at helping me open up to allow myself to be okay with my beliefs despite them being contrary to my religion and the society I live in.

My wife and I are marred for 42 years with about 30 of those years in a FFM triad and the only people who knew about it were the couples we played with from time to time. It was easy for us to get away with it because we moved 13 times (most times away from our family) and never had children. Our g/f had her own room in our house and we rarely invited non kinky people over to visit. No one seemed to notice that our g/f was with us for extended period of time. If asked we just said that she needs a place to get back on her feet and is staying with us. No more questions and then we move 3 years later and start all over again. :)

I guess I'm really lucky to live in a liberal college town in the Bible Belt where everyone knows that I have a boyfriend and husband. everyone knows that my husband has multiple sex partners and no one gives a crap. my boyfriend works with me so everyone at our company knows that I'm married and I have a boyfriend. I've never once been judged openly for it.

I'm the weird hippie, vegetarian, dreadlocked, unassisted homebirthing, homeschooling, hairy lady so I'm fairly certain this kind of thing doesn't surprise anyone lol. If anyone had an issue with it, that's their right, I don't need to change their opinion.

Im also openly bisexual, I have a pride rainbow tattoo on my wrist. Im lucky that 1/3 of the office staff at my company are gay. We even have a transition f2m transgendered person there.

Inyourendo

Inyourendo, wow! I'm loving hearing more and more of FMM poly relationships. Was your husband always poly? With your bf being mono how does he relate to your husband? If you're willing to share I'd love to hear your story.

My husband isn't poly. Hes just open (to casual sex partners) when we met 6 years ago we started out as an open relationship but I quickly learned that I need more of a connection. The two mwn in my life do not interact at all u go to Sam's house, He's only come to my house when Nate wasn't here and u t-shirt been months since. My boyfriend although monogamous still wants the possibility tob sleep with others, he recently had a sexual fantasy of his fulfilled by a coworker.

Back