Is it wrong to cancel a date

because the guy isn't tall enough? :eek: I know it might seem petty but honestly I have this "quirk" (must add this to blog) about men and it just doesn't seem fair to them even though I'm short (5'2). Once I meet a guy and they aren't 5'11 or taller, my physical attraction to them disappears. I've been like this for over 20 years now too.

And then since I haven't actually met him yet, how do I break it to him his height has disqualified him. He's the first guy on okc that didn't put his height on there. I usually don't respond if the guy is shorter than what I have found myself drawn to.

Then I wonder, what if I am missing out on a true connection? I am trusting my intuition on this and know I need to let him know I can't meet. I just don't know what to text him.:eek:

"sorry I am just not into you"...

I am 6'5 and very broad shouldered with beard.. a lot of girls just aren't into me. It happens and thats fine. Not everyone can be attracted to every physical attribute.

I used to think I could only date guys taller than me.

I was an idiot. If I would have held onto the delusion that height makes the man I would have lost out on Murf who quite frankly is one of those once in a lifetime kind of people . I have never loved another like him. Not even my husband. I am 5'7". He is 5'6"

It's neither wrong or right.

You don't seem like you want to go.
I am trusting my intuition on this and know I need to let him know I can't meet. I just don't know what to text him.

Could keep it simple and say "I'm so sorry. I changed my mind so I can't meet. I apologize."

And let it go.

Galagirl

Last edited:
thank you

It's neither wrong or right.

You don't seem like you want to go.

Could keep it simple and say "I'm so sorry. I changed my mind so I can't meet. I apologize."

And let it go.

Galagirl

GG you are great with words! Yes I have made up my mind. His pic on okc doesn't quite look the same as the two he sent me today. He also looks too much like DH, just shorter.

;)

The one guy I dated (many years back mind you) that was shorter than me admitted to crying everyday. So I am probably not the best to answer.

I used to date guys over 6 foot...then I married a man whos 5'10 and hot as hell to me. I always teased him that I;d made an exception....Well, my boyfriend is maybe 5'8. It happens, give the guy a shot :) *(and im not tall either, im about 5'5)

"sorry I am just not into you"...

I am 6'5 and very broad shouldered with beard.. a lot of girls just aren't into me. It happens and thats fine. Not everyone can be attracted to every physical attribute.

A lot of women arent into that?! :p

I admit I've got a thing for tall men too. My ex of 30 years was just my height. Before I met him I'd also been attracted to taller men. I'm 5'7" and somehow swoon over guys 6 foot tall or preferably taller. It's strange.

Ginger is 6'3". miss pixi is only 5'4" but that's ok because she's a girl!

I am kind of ashamed of my preference for tall men. But there you go. They make me feel little and protected I guess. Which is stupid because I like being tall and powerful.

even though I'm short (5'2). Once I meet a guy and they aren't 5'11 or taller, my physical attraction to them disappears.
:

So what youre saying ... size matters :D Are there any other size requirements (minimums ) these new suitors should know about :D ?

A recently divorced male friend of mine is having the same problem with the weight (size ) of some of the lady's he's met on line. The dilemma is put the requirement in the profile page and weather the negative comments or waste a lot of time on first dates

Last edited:
No offense.. But a man a smaller stature can kick as much butt as a taller man.

I am sure Murf would have no problems keeping me safe. A I am no wimp myself .

You like what you like nothing wrong with that. I thought I liked what I liked as well until I met an amazing woman that was nothing like I usually go for visually.

No, its not wrong. When I hear a guy is circumcised my interest level goes way down.

Unless a man had it done in adulthood that is within his control how?

I am amazed at people who write potentially wonderful partners for superficial things bbeyond their control. Why judge a book solely by its cover.

I find it fascinating what features people are attracted to. I had this conversation with a friend from work while we were running one day... Her thing? Forearms. And when she gave me an example, I thought, yup... if anyone has nice forearms, it's that guy. :D

Me, I like lots of things, but I will notice eyes, broad shoulders/back, and hands (oh boy - HANDS!) before I care about other things. :)

And if someone's scent turns me off, it's a "no" right out of the gate. Luckily, I haven't had to have that conversation with anyone, since they've all been off limits for one reason or another.

You would be surprised.. I have met women repulsed by beards.. height etc. Its kind of funny to me..

I love beards & the height. DH is 6'2 & has a beard. But it's the height. I guess it makes me feel more feminine.

Unless a man had it done in adulthood that is within his control how?

I am amazed at people who write potentially wonderful partners for superficial things bbeyond their control. Why judge a book solely by its cover.

Foreskin is something thats a huge dealbreaker for a lot of people. It has caused a LOT of discussions both here and fetlife in the past. That one isn't surprising at all.

I have some funny horrible stories about my teenage years. My generation and my area, everyone was cut. I wasn't. Teenage girls can be rather heartless in their assessments of manhood..

I found it most interesting that the above poster had the affect the other way. I have rarely seen that.

And if someone's scent turns me off, it's a "no" right out of the gate.

There is a genetic selection component to smell which makes this true for anyone. You could almost say its not a choice since its your genetics finding an appropriate match.

I know smell for me is the most important factor in any partner selection.

I admit I've got a thing for tall men too. My ex of 30 years was just my height. Before I met him I'd also been attracted to taller men. I'm 5'7" and somehow swoon over guys 6 foot tall or preferably taller. It's strange.

Ginger is 6'3". miss pixi is only 5'4" but that's ok because she's a girl!

I am kind of ashamed of my preference for tall men. But there you go. They make me feel little and protected I guess. Which is stupid because I like being tall and powerful.

Don't be ashamed, it's what I call about myself a "quirk". Even back in college shorter guys just didn't make me feel like a girlie girl (even though I am one). Now after three kids and a maturer body, my preference is much stronger.

I admit I am willing to see someone shorter than 5'11 but this guy I just didn't find as attractive as I first thought.

Back