Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 09-10-2018, 04:07 PM

I'm so nervous and overall feeling sad about the situation with my daughter. I am dreading visiting her on Thursday.

Our party Saturday night was really nice. It was a small group for once and it was so much easier. Clean-up was quick and for once I didn't overdo on food.

Sunday we put the ping pong table up on it's legs and I don't think it's going to work as a work surface for doing art pours. It's too easy to flex it with a bit of weight and that just won't work for paint pouring as the paint will slide off the surface before it sets. It's one thing to move the paint during creation of the piece, but another to have it slide off after you have what you want.

Bond and I shopped for shelving. We didn't buy anything, but we narrowed down our choice. We also drove around Middleton looking at the businesses that are still dealing with all the flooding damage.

Tonight we're going to Polycocktails. I feel like we haven't been there in a long time. Not sure how accurate that is, but it sure seems like a long time. I got a message from some dude who moved to our area from Michigan. He's hoping to connect with people. I am 100% not looking to add another relationship as I'm poly-saturated, but maybe he'll be at the meetup tonight and we can talk in a totally platonic way.

B's new sofa is being delivered tomorrow. She's so excited.

Franki and Smatch are heading up north on Wednesday. They'll be back on Sunday and plan on stopping in Madison for the Willy Street Fair. Maybe I'll get to see her then. They were at our party Saturday night and that was nice, but she and I really need some alone time together. I feel like my life races by and I don't have the energy to make time for her. I feel caught in the current and worn down.
Bea: Bond's former 41 year old cisgender girlfriend
M: Bond's former cisgender, bisexual ex-girlfriend
Golden: male, ex-boyfriend, ex-housemate
Twitch: straight cisgender male, ex-husband, father to Shasti's son
Shasti: Twitch's straight cisgender girlfriend, mother of Twitch's son
Old 09-11-2018, 04:37 PM

I got a call late in the afternoon from a number I assumed would be my daughter calling. I stared at it and decided to not pick it up. Total chicken shit not facing things kind of decision which is a crap way to do life. I just didn't want to get into a conversation that had the potential to be highly emotional sitting at my desk in a cubicle and our conference room was busy, and that's my usual go-to spot for private phone calls. Following right on the heels of that call was a call from my mother, which I took. She was calling to say that my daughter was out of jail and sitting outside the courthouse waiting for me to pick her up. So, at 4:20 pm I sent a quick note to Bond and B, left work, and drove to pick up my daughter. It's about an hour away. I could hardly believe she was out. I kept wondering if they would refund me all the money I put on her account or not. The jail system can be really fucking slippery. I wasn't sure what my reception would and how hostile and hurt she'd be feeling towards me and all of that.

She seemed really good when I got to her. Lots of smiles and hugs. Lots of conversation. She looked skinny as a rail, but not in a using/drug addict way.

Turns out she was able to make bond, because I had put money on her account. Bond was set at $250. So, even though I said that I wasn't going to continue to bail her out, I literally bailed her out! She has to be back for court on Thursday.

She was in a hurry to get in contact with her friends up north, her boss as she needs him to provide employment information and deal with the fact that he wasn't paying into child support for her, check on her dog, etc. The cop that arrested her didn't let her take her phone, so she had no way of immediately contacting anyone. I put some food in front of her when we got home, logged onto my laptop and logged off of Facebook so she could log on and contact people via Messenger, and then handed my phone over to her. If you ever want to test how dependent you are on your devices, try sitting around without them sometime. OMG. I was a bit lost.

Her best friend called her immediately. She's been taking care of her dog and she assured her that he's just fine. And she got her a few phone numbers that she needed. She has been wanting to work construction for this one person and she and this guy are interested in each other, but the timing was always off in the past so nothing ever came of it. He builds log homes and has about 6 projects going through the state and in Michigan. He happened to be going past Madison last night and he agreed to come by our place to talk.

What I hadn't realized is that my daughter never got my letter. It wasn't until quite late that I figured that out. Bond got home from Polycocktails around 9:30 pm and he was there by then, so yeah hours after I had picked her up. She asked for stamps and envelopes and I asked her if she had gotten the ones I had sent and she said no, she hadn't gotten anything. I wonder if they'll give it to her on Thursday. All I can guess is that the package arrived on Saturday, but they didn't disperse the mail that day, but she may have gotten it on Monday, but she had her court appearance, so she didn't get it.

I'm hoping she never gets it. She seems so much better than I thought she would. She has been working hard, just not getting paid, and she's really trying to turn things around. She has figured out the solution on her own to this latest round, too.

This new boss, Ron, seems like a decent guy and he's running a successful business. He knows the score with her and is still interested in employing her and also in dating her. He is letting her take his truck on Thursday so she can get to court. I'm really hopeful that she is going to find some success in life.

Fingers crossed.

She mentioned that she'll need a place to leave her stuff and be at some weekends. She's hoping that can be our place. Bond is not opposed. I'm reluctant. She smokes and her stuff stinks. I hate that. She has a dog, too. She can take him with her to work, so he would only be there when she is, so that wouldn't be too bad. It would definitely make it hard to have my grandson, though.
Old 09-17-2018, 03:52 PM

The judge sentenced my daughter to six months in jail, but if she gets a job for 35 hours or greater/week, or completes the paperwork and submits it to the child support agency for work search, then she does not have to serve the time.

Listening to her on the stand, man it was heartbreaking. I actually cried. Her life is incredibly hard and she has been trying so hard to turn things around.

Ron was right on top of setting things up with the child support agency for payments, and when he talked to my daughter later Thursday night, he let her know that he had paid her entire child support balance! And the next four weeks worth, too! Folks this was over $13,000. To say she was stunned doesn't even cover it. She told him she'd pay him back, and he told her no. His only requirement is that she keeps a job, whether it's working for him, or doing something less taxing on her body. He actually set the payments to automatically be paid from his credit card.

So even though he says to not worry about paying him back, something like this creates a bit of an imbalance and expectation to their dynamic and I hope it doesn't ruin things.
Old 09-19-2018, 06:16 PM

Today there was an active shooter .41 miles from Bond's work. The schools that S1, S2, and B's oldest go to were on lock down. People were posting sad emojis on the news stories on Facebook and I was all fucking angry emoji-ing them. I'm so angry about the shooting incidents we have in this fucking country. People can stuff their thoughts and prayers right up their fucking asses. Let's put some legislation in place!

B leaves on vacation and I have knee surgery, both bright and early tomorrow morning. We'll be up at the ass crack of dawn to accomplish both arrival times to the airport and hospital. I have to shower using a medicated cleansing soap, sleep on clean sheets, and shower again in the morning with the special soap. We'll be dropping B off around 5:15 am, so I can check in at 5:45 am.

I'm so happy to be off work until the 1st. And speaking of work, lunch is over and I need to get busy training the new guy.
Old 10-01-2018, 04:22 PM

My surgery went well. I returned to work today. I wish I'd never have to return here. Saturday night I suddenly remembered that the day after the next I'd be back at work and the feeling of stress associated with my job bounced back into my awareness. It surprised me, because I hadn't realized how I had walked away from something I feel so intensely. I'm going to be so happy when the day arrives when I am not working an outside job.

Most of the swelling in my knee is gone. The stitches came out on the 27th and now the incisions are covered by steristrips. Actually one of them has fallen off; two more to go.

Tonight Bond and B have a date night. We're both feeling very disconnected with her. Bond has barely slept the past two nights because of it. He plans on having a relationship discussion with her tonight. We've barely seen her since she got back from NOLA, and none of those times were intimate. She's doing her own thing and doesn't really share what her plans are. Which isn't a requirement, but it definitely adds to the disconnect.

She and her kids hung out with us Friday night. When I asked what the plan was for her kids' b-days (3rd and 8th of Oct) she pretty much told us that we weren't going to get to do anything with them. They were doing "family dinners" with each kid on their b-day, nothing more. I was super bummed. She says all the time that we are family and then does things like this.

Saturday the new hot tub cover came in, so Bond sent her a message that he needed to borrow WP's truck to haul it. She thumbs up'd the message, but nothing more. She took her daughter to Devil's Lake so she could get her annual sweatshirt for her b-day. Didn't offer up that was what she was doing, or offer to contact her husband about the truck. Bond and I ended up doing it all. Turns out she had been at WP's to drop the kids around 3:00 pm. We sat and waited for him to get home in order to get the keys. As the clock was ticking down, WP messaged and asked us if B was there (no) and then let us know that the kids were there, so we could get the keys off the table. We barely made it to the spa place before they closed. When we got to her house she was home, so she helped a little with things. I asked if she had plans that night. She did; with The Therapist (ex-boyfriend). She keeps saying they will only ever be friends, but Bond thinks they are actually dating. The up-side was that she offered up times when we can celebrate her kids' birthdays. I guess she may have had time to consider it and found some availability.

We moved date night from Tuesday to Friday this week and will actually be going out to bars. I'm not sure how enthused I am about going out drinking. I'm getting too old for stuff like that.

Tonight I'm excluded from their date night. Makes me sad. But considering the stuff Bond wants to discuss with her, I'm kind of glad I won't be there. It would probably come across as the two of us ganging up on her. Instead I'm going to immerse myself doing acrylic paint pours.

Bond's HS gf is in town for training again this week. I think he and B are doing something with her on Wednesday or Thursday night. I am busy both nights. Wednesday I have a hair appointment and Thursday I am going to a book reading by the author with Franki.

We're swapping the kids' weekends around this month, because Naya is going out of town on a weekend she'd normally have them. It works perfectly for us, because now we won't have kids the weekend of the 13th, which is when Bond's company Halloween party is happening. That means we won't have kids on a weekend until the 19th. Woot!

I've been having so much fun creating fluid paintings.

Black, white, and gold, 10" x 10"

Purple and Gold 5" x 7"

Turquoise, Burnt Sienna, and Gold 10" x 10"

Fish: Green, Blue, and Yellow 5" x 7"

Aqua, Blue, and Green 10" x 20"

Last edited by Petunia; 10-01-2018 at 04:29 PM.
Old 10-05-2018, 06:19 PM

It's date night for the triad tonight. I'm really jazzed about it. I think we may do a bunch of things. There are a lot of things happening around the city tonight and if the weather is good hopefully we'll do a few of them. If not, then at a minimum we're going to the adult store for a dildo for B, a couple of pipes - again for B, and then a couple of fun bars and back home for some sex. Yay! B is spending the night, so we'll have her for a bit in the morning, too.

I'm pushing to get pumpkins tomorrow from near where I used to live. It'll be a 20-25 minute drive one way and I suspect I'll meet some resistance about going from Bond, and B if she's still around. But, seriously people, they have the best pumpkins by far and I haven't gotten pumpkins from there for at least 3 years, maybe more. Want!

Date night with Franki last night was really nice. We did not make it to the book reading, which was a bummer, because she was late getting to Madison, so we just went to dinner. After dinner we went to B's so she could see the new house in person. She loved it. Franki's house is super tiny, and B's new place is quite small, but actually larger than Franki's. Bond and S2 were there and B's friend, unsure if I've named her before, was also there. They had just started a bonfire and it was fantastic. Bond had a packet that you toss on the fire and it makes all sorts of colors as the fire burns. It was fabulous. Franki and I sat on the bench swing (we both love swinging) and rocked forward and back towards the fire bowl. It was so nice. We left around 9:00 pm, because Franki had a 45-50 minute drive home and she had to work today. It was a really nice night.

My knee is doing fabulous. I'm super pleased with how it's healing. I noticed a big improvement starting Tuesday, not that it wasn't healing like a champ before then, but it turned a healing corner on Tuesday and it continues to improve. Mostly I notice sore muscles up my thigh, and minor swelling near the knee above and below the knee cap. The bruising is mostly gone. I can walk down stairs now with barely a notice, just the tight thigh muscles mostly. However, I climbed back into bed in the middle of the night two nights ago and put my surgery knee onto the mattress first and applied weight. Damn! That was the wrong thing to do! Our bed is super high, like 35.5" high, so climbing into bed is really a bit of a climb. I had to stand by the bed until I could handle the pain and then climb into bed in another manner that didn't torture the sore knee.

My daughter asked to live with us for a bit. We mulled it over, I'm full of dread, but we said yes. No definite plans on when or how she'll get down here. I hope it's not for long. She's bringing her dog. I hope the cats and the dog co-habitat well.

I hope I find time to play with paints this weekend. I'll have to force myself into the kitchen for some cooking to get us through the week. It's a rough week when that doesn't happen.

Last edited by Petunia; 10-05-2018 at 06:57 PM.
Old 10-10-2018, 03:18 PM

My daughter has a chance at a welding job in Iowa, so instead of moving in with us, her dog moved in with us until she can have him with her. We went up north to pick him up on Sunday. I scheduled an appointment for a neuter on our way back and got him set up for the 9th (yesterday). He's a sweet dog, but he has separation anxiety. Today is his first day home without us, and I'm concerned how he is going to handle things. I hope he doesn't damage anything. Monday I kenneled him when I ran to Menard's and Michaels and he tore at the blanket in the crate. Today he refused to go into the crate. We shut him in the sunroom for the day instead. His crate is also in the sunroom. Bond will be home at lunch time to check on him. Fingers crossed he and the room are okay.

The cats seem to think he's okay-ish. Max interacts with him a lot, and Sybil is more cautious. It doesn't help that he rushed her and scared her. He was being friendly, just excited to make her acquaintance, but now she thinks he's the devil or maybe just a demon. She does come close now, but it's almost worse, because if he comes towards her she bolts, which he thinks is a game. We're working on it and things seem to be improving.

Last night was the triad date night. We did acrylic paint pouring. First Bond and B watched me do a flip cup, and then B picked out paint colors and I got them mixed and she did a flip cup. She was enthralled and so damn B! She shook the canvas to make things flow faster. OMG, we had paint flying. Bond used a cup in a cup angel wing style and poured in his own style. Can't say it was a true angel wing, but it turned out cool. Both of their paintings were pretty damn neat. They loved doing it.

Franki and Smatch leave tomorrow for a wedding in Canada. She won't have cell service, so I won't hear much from her until next Wednesday.
Old 10-11-2018, 07:45 PM

Bond and B had an at-home date night at B's last night. He's trying to meet her request that she have one-on-one time with each of us. He asks her to do so many things and she turns him down so often. Take this date last night; he asked her last Friday if she had plans for Wednesday (yesterday) and if not, if she'd like to do something with him. She told him that she wanted to leave it open, because she may want to see other people and she'd let him know. I feel so bad for him. It feel so crummy to be rejected as often as she rejects his invitations. When they're spaced it out it's not a big deal, but when they stack up it takes a toll. He tries to not let it get to him, but it's hard to not feel rejected after so many refusals.

Tuesday night he asked her if they were on or not, and she said she didn't have anything going on, so yes. And that she just wanted to stay home, which was fine with him. Before she could answer, though, he offered to let me take his place if she'd rather, which really pissed her off. She felt like he was trying to orchestrate the relationship between her and me. They had more conversation yesterday morning via messaging and things were stated better. I was there when he made the offer, and I really think he was trying to make her happy and feeling a bit insecure that she keeps rejecting him, so he was being magnanimous. I think because of the improved communication she sent me a message asking me to lunch on Friday. I was excited to get the invite. And I encouraged Bond to go to her place last night. He was happy I encouraged him, because it makes him feel comfortable knowing I support his time with her.

Saturday night is Bond's work Halloween party. It's always a good time. There isn't a theme this year, so we're all doing something different.
Old 10-15-2018, 04:13 PM

Halloween pics!

B with fake blood on her tongue.

Bond, the Raven.

The three of us.

One of the nights last week, maybe Friday night, I asked B if she'd be open to Bond spending the night with her after the party. She said yes like it was no big deal. It must have been Friday night. We did the hot tub thing and there was conversation about our plans for B, me, and Franki to go to the Lesbian Pop Up Bar event on the 19th. B was rolling with ideas and said we should turn it into a full blown girls' night and come back to her place afterwards for a fire and hot tub time and then sleepover. Fun, right?! I'm so excited about that!

So Saturday night after the party, I was asking Bond what he needed to grab for his sleepover and conversation went down the path of me having the dog to keep me company. All no big deal convo. We got back to the house and I was falling asleep on the way, so I was rather relieved that Bond got his stuff fairly quickly and they were out the door, because I couldn't wait to climb into bed. I sent them good night messages and it was lights out for me. In the morning I got some messages from them, but no big deal. I got myself going on household stuff, well, first I had coffee, and figured I wouldn't bother them or start asking Bond when he was coming home, because I wanted them to enjoy their time. He got home sometime after 10 AM. He was such a happy camper, but the part that makes me all squee and even more full of compersion was hearing how happy all of this made B. She didn't think it was going to happen and she felt so relieved that I was all relaxed and cool about it. She loved having him stay over. That makes me so happy. I'm really looking forward to my turn.

Franki messaged yesterday that they were back in the States. They're spending a couple of days in the UP and then they'll be home. She may have to pick her son up from the airport on the 19th, which will impact our lesbian pop up bar night. We're working on solutions. She may send him home with her vehicle and I'll drop her off at her house the morning after our sleepover.

The Mad Town Beatdown (Brazilian Jujitsu) held their practice at our house on Sunday. Bond hasn't attended a practice in months. Seems we're always doing something and I tend to forget about it. I have a feeling that we'll be hosting most Sundays through the colder months going forward. The space they had been using has been raising the rates and they can't afford it. They are hoping to rotate the location through the different members' homes, but no one really has the space for it other than us and one other person.

Friday before work I bought two heavy-duty tables (5' x 3') off of the Facebook Marketplace from a private high school. They are incredibly heavy! Bond and I got them in the house and down in my art space yesterday afternoon. The whole space needs to be rejiggered, but they're down there and set up. They are marvelously sturdy and will be fantastic once leveled to account for the slope of the floor. (Basement floors slope for drainage.)
Old Yesterday, 04:06 PM

Tonight is the triad date night. B wants to paint again. She's going to end up with a full day at The Beach (our house), because she's cleaning today and expects it to take the majority of her day, or up until she needs to pick up kids from school, and then she'll be back after dropping the kids at their dad's. The dog will be super happy that he won't need to be kenneled for most of the day.

We'll have to move things about in the art space in order to paint tonight, but that's a good thing. I'm excited about setting up the space with the new tables.

I think Bond is going to pick up a rotisserie chicken from Costco for dinner, so that'll be quick and will leave enough time for sex and painting. Oh, he better get vodka while he's at Costco, too! I'm not much of a fan of rum or whiskey with soda water.

I'm really looking forward to tonight and to our Girls' Night on Friday.

We've been watching Man in the High Castle. We only have two more episodes left before we finish Season 2. We're blowing through it so quickly. I kind of can't wait to see it through to the end, while at the same time I'm sad that we're almost done and will have a long wait before the next season is available.

Tags
cohabitation, living situation, living together, new poly, polyamorous