Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Spirituality & Polyamory

Notices

Old 04-26-2018, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdt26417 View Post
Can sex be spiritual even when it is not called "spiritual sex" per se? Just musing out loud.
I'd posit that it can. Sometimes it happens spontaneously.

This is in contrast to magickal sex, which by definition harnesses the will of the participants and directs the energy raised into achieving a predetermined goal.

To the OP, be wary when researching Crowley. He was an undisputed asshole, including by himself. For a contemporary, try Dion Fortune (Wikipedia is a good start).

I saw that whole list of possible belief systems... It omits mine, so please don't consider it definitive. Keep exploring. OP, If your marriage is severely hampering your spiritual growth, I'd recommend leaving your marriage. But that is because I am of a system that places spiritual growth first and foremost.
Jen: 32F, US based, Lance's GF

My NZ friends of varying intimacies: Chalk, Cheese, Tech, Siege, Golf, Mike, Shakespeare.
Adam's intimate friend, formerly GF: Sis
Old 04-28-2018, 05:08 PM
Banned

I formally started studying magick in 1980, though I'd picked up a lot before then. In the '80s my social circle had a joke that anyone who mentions "tantric sex" is just looking to get laid. Mostly, that's proven true.

I've practiced what most would call "sex magick." It's NOT "hot," it's NOT "fun," it takes hours at a time, & it tends to leave you exhausted & NOT in a fun way.

IME, most people who bring it up couldn't even manage a credible session of karezza, & probably don't even know the word.

Last edited by Ravenscroft; 04-29-2018 at 12:32 AM.
Old 04-28-2018, 05:46 PM

I did not mean to start any fights I just decided to join this forum out of boredom. And yes spiritual sex work doe's leave people tired and I have felt used up myself so it is not all fun. And games I just love to flirt but it depends on the person and place but unfortunately it makes me look kind of dumb to others. But I'am not I'am just different and women should be able to flirt if they want to and I don't think it is right to be judged for this.

Last edited by PrettyLadyJustice; 04-28-2018 at 06:07 PM.
Old 04-28-2018, 05:54 PM

I teach bellydancing and pole dancing and I work a fastfood restaurant server. And yoga Instructor while taking care of my sick wheelchair bound father with parkinson's disease and I'am a abstract painter but I have been taking art classes and dancing classes. So that I can become a tattoo artist and burlesque dancer and I love to read about mythology and mortuary science books so I can become a mortician and english teacher who teaches mythology and so I be able to teach Edgar Allen to other young people if things work out for me.

Last edited by PrettyLadyJustice; 04-28-2018 at 06:13 PM.
Old 04-28-2018, 06:19 PM

I have grown up homeless and without anybody to take care of me expect for my father who has suffered from many many heart attacks. Since I was 9 years old and I had to clean up after people almost all my life just to be able to take care of myself and of my sick father. And have never known any friends or relatives since my childhood due to my mother divorcing my father when I was only 3 years when my life was ruined but I'am trying to do better for myself and my father at age 20.

Last edited by PrettyLadyJustice; 04-28-2018 at 06:26 PM.

Tags
beliefs, religion