Poliamory in movies

Bartirah

I have watched some movies that show poliamory relationships and they never end well... Why do they always kill one of the characters or make one of them to be left out by the others?

Are there any good movie with a happy ending?

Poly movies with happy endings:

• "Bandits" (2001).
  • "Summer Lovers" (1982).
  • "Three" (2010).
Those are the ones I know of. There are others with "mixed endings," not sad endings but maybe not 100% "happy" either.

For more poly movies see: http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6351

I hate being disappointed by the endings of some of these films. My Zen had me watch Henry & June, and Cabaret, and H&J seemed so very melodramatic, and seems she was cheating more than she was polying, and Cabaret...I kept waiting for the trio to be a hot threesome that went on to have a beautiful long term thing, but it was not to be. I felt like it could have ended like that, though. Why not?

Though not a Romantic lah-de-dah outcome, I still find Paint Your Wagon to be an entertaining view as well as a nice intro to the problems of making a real-world vee (& some small hope that it might be workable).

There's Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, where the two main characters vye to scam a tourist, & wind up as buddies (albeit still competetive). The ending still makes me laugh, & I've always felt a bit disappointed where there's never been a sequel to explore how the relationship might have evolved. Anyway, it's a remake of Bedtime Story, & in turn is being remade as The Hustle (but with two women in the lead roles, thus apparently playing to the standard FMF fantasy).

Back