Everything now makes sense

StaiK

Hello everyone!
I've known since I became sexually active that I had too much affection and love to share and that I simply couldn't be monogamous. I guess that I lied to myself (and partners) for the past 15 years and had to take 'breaks' in relationships to satisfy myself and other people sexually and emotionally.

I've been openly poly for about 5 years now and am happier than ever - I can be open and honest with my partners. Thankfully they can all accept me for who I am and are not turned away by it, even if they're not poly themselves. I'm grateful for that as I know being in my situation carries a lot of stigma.

Anyway, I'm glad to be able to talk about this and hope you can provide the support, reassurance and contacts that I would like.

Best wishes to you all and stay safe! :D

S
x

Greetings StaiK,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

I am glad to hear that you are openly poly and can be open and honest with your partners. And it's awesome that they're accepting of you. You're a lucky man. As for Polyamory.com, just let is know if/how we can help. You can post in this thread and I'll be following it, and/or try Poly Relationships Corner which is our most active board (with posts from the most people).

It's great to have you onboard.
Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Happy to be here!

kdt26417 - Thank you for your warm welcome. I'm so happy I have a place where I can talk openly about my experiences and hopefully you might be able to offer some guidance if I run into anything I'm not certain about in my situation.

At the moment I'm in a poly relationship with a couple of women who are both fine with my choice - and grateful to them for understanding, even though one isn't really a 'true' poly (is there such a thing?!) - it's just that her boyfriend is unable to satisfy her in the bedroom and doing various other bf/gf stuff - so I fulfill that role, basically. This is fine for everyone involved, and I'm happy to be able to help them, as she gets very frustrated.

I don't feel bad although I would if she was 'cheating' behind his back and keeping it a secret - to me that wouldn't be on.

However, I in the past I've found women who seem 'right' to me and during the duration of those relationships I've been monogamous, although have taken breaks to have fun with others. If I found the right girl who was strictly monogamous I would probably be exclusive to her although I guess deep down I'll always be poly but would be able to keep it in check, unless she's ok with me seeing other people "on the side".

Thanks for the links, I've checked them out!

Anyway, looking forward to getting to you know peeps. In my experience, everyone I've met who are poly are totally sound and good friends... sometimes more.

You seem to have a good thing going here on this forum. All the best to everyone, Peace, Love and stay safe.
S

Last edited:
I'm glad to hear some more of your story. It sounds like you are in a couple of good/healthy relationships, not that monogamy is inconceivable to you, but just that you prefer polyamory in most cases.

Hi Staik - and welcome to the Forum! We will look forward to hearing more of your story as it unfolds. Best of luck on your journey! Al

Back