World of Warcraft Anyone?

NerfHerder

Looking for retired World of Warcraft addicts, people interested in WoW, or just people who might want to give it a try to see what it's like... or just chat with some interesting (and sane! mostly, ish) people... or, well... just anyone really... who might be willing to try downloading the game and hanging out with us... well, I suppose you don't have to...

Wait, let me start over.

Everyone!

My wife and I started playing WoW again recently and while we always have fun seeing what's changed and the new content, we also enjoy the social aspect of it, and we've been having trouble finding a group of adult, open and fun people to hang out with. I know that there's got a to be a few people who meet those criteria around here somewhere...

We are Horde on the Aggramar server on WoW and we play most days from 9pm till midnight Eastern. Right now, we have a 90 Priest and a 90 Druid, but I'm an altaholic, so we've got characters at several level ranges.

If you're retired, check out the Scroll of Resurrection- basically it would let me invite you back to the game, give you 7 days free play time, a free realm and/or faction transfer and even let you auto-level a character to 80.

If you're interested in trying, I (or my wife) can send you a Recruit-a-Friend invite, and get you two weeks free play time (or infinite free playtime with characters under level 20) as well as bunch of other little benefits.

If we get enough interest, I'll start up a new guild, or there's a potential level 25 we might be able to take over - I'll have to look into that.

If you're interested: PM me here, look up Kleos on AIM, or Zarelysse on Horde side Aggramar.

Oh! yeah! one more thing... to any existing players - server/faction transfers are half price this week! *hint* *hint*

Hope to see some of you in Azeroth!

My husband and I have been playing WoW together since Lich King. Are you guys still playing?

We've been quit for a year or so now... We're playing FFXIV now (Jenova server) a bit more challenging, although I haven't found quite the community I found on WoW. The one thing I've missed is finding more people to talk to - with less people on FFXIV, I feel like it's harder to find a like-minded (or more open) community - also there's far less support out of the game, so finding a guild (free company) or other people is harder.

How's the game these days? Demon Hunter looked interesting, although Legion looked like it was more of the same - everything getting completely outmoded instantly, and then generally a pretty easy game unless you are in a major raiding guild...

- Ben

Wow... just saw how out of date my signature and profile were.... more or less updated them~

- Ben

I played around with the Demon Hunter a bit and liked it. They’ve got the best mobility in game and do well damage wise. I mostly played my main, holy priest. The way the artifact weapons are make it tedious and annoying to play alts, unless they are supper casual. And you’re right, the game is easy unless you’re doing mythic level content. Overall I really enjoy the game.

I recently let my WoW subscription expire. My guild is struggling to fill the 20 spots required to do mythic. I would have been happier in a 10-man group.

My husband and I have been interested in the Final Fantasy series for a while, though we have never played. I’ll look into it.

If you're interested in a recruit-a-friend, let me know. Either way, if you find yourself on Jenova, I can spare a few gold and tips to help out - I find the game is just big and complicated enough (with not NEARLY as much community support as WoW) that having someone to ask questions of or make recommendations really helps.

Also, four people is about the perfect group size for doing anything.

At minimum, it would be cool to have someone to bug. (=

(This message really could also apply to anyone else watching BTW! I don't really pay much attention to this forum, but I get notified if anyone private messages me or responds here)

- Ben

I actually kind of miss WoW. I quit shortly after Pandamania came out. I'd been playing from the very beginning...but gradually just lost interest.

I've never been a very social gamer. Like...I assume I won't be good enough and people will criticize me in a raid or group, and I haven't got time to explain why I don't care THAT MUCH to be up to snuff as whatever they expect, and furthermore if I needed a certain thing I assumed that it would be a bother to ask others to help me with it.

This non desire for being social or competing with other humans, led me to basically be a daily-quest-grinder once I got leveled up. Or to be an alt-herder. I was both, really. But eventually just didn't feel that fun anymore.

While yeah, I do miss the immersiveness and complexity and beauty of WoW...I prefer a game mechanic more like an old single-player run though Diablo I or Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. Where it's kind of like a book you pick up once in a while, read through, and then put back on the shelf for a few years. Not a whole alternate life with jobs you're supposed to do, and no end in sight ever.

I actually kind of miss WoW. I quit shortly after Pandamania came out. I'd been playing from the very beginning...but gradually just lost interest.

I've never been a very social gamer. Like...I assume I won't be good enough and people will criticize me in a raid or group, and I haven't got time to explain why I don't care THAT MUCH to be up to snuff as whatever they expect, and furthermore if I needed a certain thing I assumed that it would be a bother to ask others to help me with it.

This non desire for being social or competing with other humans, led me to basically be a daily-quest-grinder once I got leveled up. Or to be an alt-herder. I was both, really. But eventually just didn't feel that fun anymore.

While yeah, I do miss the immersiveness and complexity and beauty of WoW...I prefer a game mechanic more like an old single-player run though Diablo I or Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. Where it's kind of like a book you pick up once in a while, read through, and then put back on the shelf for a few years. Not a whole alternate life with jobs you're supposed to do, and no end in sight ever.

Yeah, I hear you about the 'eternal grind', and I can definitely empathize with not being overly social... Personally, I've had more trouble getting into all game stories lately. Why aren't single player games the way they used to be?

So for me, the opportunity to meet new people is sort of fun. I don't play enough to be competitive, and I'm okay with that now... It's just fun if you can find a small group to hang out with and do your own thing. I used to help run a guild on WoW, which had it's own challenges and perks, but now it's just mostly hanging out with some friends who don't live near me or helping my wife and her boyfriend get stuff done. Not all terrible.

I would appreciate having a few more people to call on to do dungeons and such, or to chat with during the down times~

- Ben

I just wanted to let everyone know that we've got an FC now... Knights of Good (a la The Guild). It's new, but the guild seal is a pink unicorn, so what else do you need to know?

If anyone's interested, feel free to send me a PM here!

OMG, where were you when I had internet? I love WoW. My husband isn't as into it as I once was. Though he loves games like Assassins Creed and Skyrim (Ive become addicted to Skyrim as well). I could never find anyone to play WoW with other than when I could get hubby to reluctantly play.
Unfortunately, we don't currently have internet 😩 so I am unable to play.

Hubby and I have been on break from WoW for a few months. Kind of got boring after not having others to play with anymore. We'd totally be up for playing again if we had others to enjoy the game with! We main Alliance, but have Horde alts.

OMG, where were you when I had internet? I love WoW. My husband isn't as into it as I once was. Though he loves games like Assassins Creed and Skyrim (Ive become addicted to Skyrim as well). I could never find anyone to play WoW with other than when I could get hubby to reluctantly play.
Unfortunately, we don't currently have internet 😩 so I am unable to play.

Well boo. If you get the network back,you know where to find me! Apparently I even check this thread years later, lol (=

Hubby and I have been on break from WoW for a few months. Kind of got boring after not having others to play with anymore. We'd totally be up for playing again if we had others to enjoy the game with! We main Alliance, but have Horde alts.

That was one of our reasons we quit - just finding people worth playing with. And we happened to have a lot of guild drama when we quit. We didn't play anything for a while, but now we're on FF. I do not think we'll go back to WoW - I like the challenge of FF and it's a much more beautiful world (and characters!).

If you ever feel like checking out FF though, let me know. The free trial lasts till 35 no matter how many days it takes now~

I play WoW. I last logged in last week. I am Horde in Area 52. All my characters are girls, of course.

I play WoW. I last logged in last week. I am Horde in Area 52. All my characters are girls, of course.

That's cool. (=

I sometimes miss WoW. Mostly the community. I didn't find nearly as much community on FFXIV, and right now we're in hiatus from that too. I'll have to look you up if I try to go back though!

Of course, I play with my boyfriend sometimes. I rarely play by myself. He plays by himself.

My mind is thinking, "that's what she said."

I've been playing a lot of WoW too these days - logged back on a few months ago after not having played seriously since Burning Crusade. (Hell, who am I kidding? I was only sort of into BC/WotLK, I was *serious* in vanilla when I was an officer of a raid guild doing MC).

Anyway, I have a 110 hunter on Lothar - Alliance - ping me if you want the name. :D

I've been playing a lot of WoW too these days - logged back on a few months ago after not having played seriously since Burning Crusade. (Hell, who am I kidding? I was only sort of into BC/WotLK, I was *serious* in vanilla when I was an officer of a raid guild doing MC).

Anyway, I have a 110 hunter on Lothar - Alliance - ping me if you want the name. :D

Pretty much the same story here. Only I play a druid. I played in vanilla, tbc and wrath a lot, but then stopped for the longest time. I came back to Legion and I really like it. I still log in once or twice a week.

Hey! Here I was about to try another search for a question about WoW and here you guys are.

Can anyone tell me about the Ye Old Goon Squad Guild in WoW? My significant Other says that all Goons, across all the various MMOs are griefers. I love the Yogscast and find it hard to believe they would all have been into wrecking other people's fun. This would've been around ten years ago. They would've been in their early 20's so being part time jerks for fun is possible.

Leetah

Well, it looks like I'm back on WoW again...

My wife and I are playing on Moon Guard server (Alliance side - yes, I am not a fan of alliance, but it's got, by far, the biggest kink community on WoW, and we wanted to make sure we found an inclusive guild.

Look me up if you need any starting money or just want to chat. Even if you're not on Moon Guard, you can find me at battle.net ID EnVyTFL#1597

Hope to hear from anyone. (=

Hey! Here I was about to try another search for a question about WoW and here you guys are.

Can anyone tell me about the Ye Old Goon Squad Guild in WoW? My significant Other says that all Goons, across all the various MMOs are griefers. I love the Yogscast and find it hard to believe they would all have been into wrecking other people's fun. This would've been around ten years ago. They would've been in their early 20's so being part time jerks for fun is possible.

Leetah

It's entirely possible, and I was around during that time, but I wasn't serious enough about the game at that point to even know. They've pretty much eliminated most of the ways of griefing people at this point in the game, but there were a lot more back then. At the time, though, I was still a recovering EQ addict and utterly refused to take the game seriously, so I wasn't up on what was going on at the higher levels (where it would most likely take place, or it may have been another server...).

Back