Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2015, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
He told me that he is not interested in casual, meaningless sex, but he does not want to fall in love with anyone else. He basically said that, although he dislikes the term, a "friend with benefits" is really what he's looking for, and he described that as someone he genuinely likes as a person, with whom he enjoys conversing, spending time together, and having sex.
What this man is offering sounds exactly what you were expressing interest in when this thread began.

I have a FWB who I met on OKC last July and am really enjoying how easy and un-intense it is compared to a BF type of relationship. We don't have a rule about feelings, but I don't get the sense that either of us is going to "fall" into anything here. We just enjoy and let it go at that. I had never experienced a true FWB relationship until him and now I get what all of the fuss is about - I really like this kind of relationship.

You say it perfectly that, "as long as I have other lovers with whom I can enjoy a deeper connection, and I feel respected and valued in his life, I think that it could possibly work to be in this kind of FWB arrangement..." In my experience, when I feel respected and valued (not just by my FWB but by myself, as well) there is no lurking danger. I say - go forward, meet him, enjoy.

Last edited by FallenAngelina; 03-29-2015 at 01:33 AM.

Tags
casual relationships, casual sex, dating married people, friends, friends with benefits, lover-friends, lovers, non-committal, open relationships, sex