Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Spirituality & Polyamory

Notices

Old 10-29-2014, 07:58 PM

Default commiting adultery

I agree in that you show love to everyone but How can you be putting God first when commiting adultery? His word is very clear on MARRIED people not straying.
What would your preacher say about that?
Old 07-17-2015, 05:32 PM

Unhappy Why did this thread stop?

hi, I'm wondering why this thread stopped. I was ravenously reading the posts as myself have struggled and continue to look into poly and Christianity and how they fit. I have a bad feeling it was because of judgemental comments. I hope we can keep the discussion goin. So many of need to explore this.
Old 07-17-2015, 06:36 PM
Official Greeter

Amen WP, we should get this thread going again.

Re: Oklahoma7Artist's last post here on adultery ... I know the Bible doesn't support this, but I personally believe it's okay to have a relationship outside the marriage as long as both spouses and the "third" person are consenting.
Old 07-17-2015, 11:25 PM

Wink Devils advocate

Ok, this should get the ball rolling. Christianity and poly will never mix well for many reasons, one of which is that it is viewed as a form of idolatry. Men taking multiple wives was seen as ok due to necessity but polyamory is about loving more than one person out of choice which generally takes focus from your relationship with God.
Old 07-18-2015, 01:06 AM
Official Greeter

The Bible is somewhat obscure about polyamory -- as it is obscure about quite a few things. I do think that mixing poly with the majority of Christianity is a hard proposition, at least for the time being. First I think Christianity will have to accept SSM. The process has begun, but it won't be quick or easy.
Old 07-23-2015, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieandRay View Post
One night when we were at my best friend and his wife's house, my husband brought up polyamory. My boyfriend's wife stated that she had heard of something like polyamory and felt that it seemed like a very loving lifestyle. My husband horrified both me and my best friend by asking my best friend's wife if she would ever be willing to share her husband with another woman. To our surprise, she said, "If that woman were someone like Debbie, who I love and trust . . . yes I would."

My boyfriend's wife added, "You two have known each other for years. I have trusted you two to be alone and often thought that there may be more to your friendship than you let on, and I have never had a problem with that." We talked more on the subject of polyamory and me and my best friend's relationship. We admitted that we both had deep feelings for each other and that we had never done anything with each other, romantically or physically.

My boyfriend's wife said that she had seen the way we looked at each other and how our hugs were more than just friendly. She also said she knew it was only a matter of time before we had a discussion like we were having, and she felt that it was about time we did. My boyfriend's wife gave us her full blessing to date and even be lovers. It didn't take long for us to be intimate, but it was a while before me and my boyfriend felt comfortable kissing each other in front of my boyfriend's wife. I have considered my boyfriend my second husband for the last seven years now.

To us Poly is about loving. And that is what Christianity is supposed to be about as well. Why anyone would see the two not being connected is a mystery to us.
Beautiful.
Old 07-23-2015, 01:20 AM
Official Greeter

Maybe sometimes Christians make things more complicated than they have to be? I say that as a former Christian myself.
Old 07-23-2015, 02:48 AM

While I'm an atheist, I'm so glad to read things like the quote that random1 just posted. It gives me hope, because I'm in the same boat that he's rowing.
Old 07-23-2015, 11:54 AM

The way DebbieandRay described it was nice... but keep in mind that when that poster was here, it became obvious they were posting erotic fantasy. That quote was perhaps painting a rosier picture of what opening a closed relationship is really like.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place. --Shaw

me: Mags, female, pansexual, poly, 59, loving and living with
miss pixi, female, pansexual, poly, 37
Old 07-23-2015, 05:40 PM

Oh, what a shame. I don't think it's impossible for such a thing to happen, but that did sound a bit too good to be true the way it was written. Thanks for clarifying, Magdlyn!