Thanks for nothing, OkCupid...

SchrodingersCat

Nice try, but you guys dropped the ball.

I got the email from OKC today:
Do you have a partner who’s also on OkCupid? If so, you can now link your accounts.

It’s easy. Select any relationship status other than single, and you’ll be able to send a link request to your other half.

Other half? Sigh. You guys clearly missed the whole point of polyamory. Just to confirm, I went through the motions. There's no way to put in more than one name. It's clearly meant for couples who date as a unit, not individuals wanting to add to their network.

7xTbl0l.png

Maybe next year?

I didn't get that email, but I logged in OKCupid the other day and had a notification that my husband had added me as his wife. I confirmed it, then got very enthusiastic and went to check how to add my other partners... impossible without deleting my relationship with him.

I'm currently his only partner so he didn't realise that. It's annoying. I still have the other two linked in the text of my profile (and my husband is still in there too) but I wish I could add all my partners. Doesn't really matter though, I'm poly-saturated now. I'm mostly there so that people who are interested in dating him can check me out and see if I'm someone they'd be fine having as a metamour.

Other half? Wow. Is there a feedback email for OKC?

There's a feedback form. Just Google "okcupid feedback" and you should be able to track it down. I wrote them a complaint, hopefully others do too, if only on principle. They're pretty good at responding to user feedback, once they know what we actually want.

I have hope that OKC'll get it right eventually.

They dropped the ball by just using the phrase "other half "
I'm whole and complete as I am, thanks.
Okc has changed so much already (apparently, from what I've heard) that I won't recognise it when I sign back in. Let's hope they improve/update this feature soon.

Nice try, but you guys dropped the ball.

I got the email from OKC today:

Other half? Sigh. You guys clearly missed the whole point of polyamory. Just to confirm, I went through the motions. There's no way to put in more than one name. It's clearly meant for couples who date as a unit, not individuals wanting to add to their network.

Maybe next year?

Back