Buddha Dharma & Polyamory

poly buddhists

I am a former Buddhist clergy in a Zen lineage. I'm not living a poly lifestyle right now, but I'm thinking about it. On of the reasons I started thinking about it was discovering that a fellow clergy member I worked with for a few years was a married poly lady. I found this out after she left my center. I was attracted to her, asked her out and she said no.:)

I think the tricky part of polyamory and Buddha dharma, or maybe the really neat part, is the precept of non-harming in sexual action that is basic to Dharma practice. If everyone is in agreement for a poly lifestyle, ideally there is no harm. If a partner in a heretofore monogamous relationship wants to start polyamory, then there is more potential for suffering on someone's part. I'll possibly be navigating this part of samsara myself soon.

Beyond personal stuff, I wonder if polyamory and Buddha Dharma is a "thing" in Europe and the Americas. I don't inow. I just wonder. I certainly don't see them as 7ncompatible.

poly buddhists

Cool ;)
Beyond personal stuff, I wonder if polyamory and Buddha Dharma is a "thing" in Europe and the Americas. I don't inow. I just wonder. I certainly don't see them as 7ncompatible.
In my city, the poly community is not as big as to further divide into subcultures, but some people are certainly interested in all kinds of spirituality (ranging from buddhism to psychedelics). It comes with getting somewhat post-conventional in your thinking and searching for your own lifestyle.

Is there any such thing in other states?
River hasn't been around in a few months. I notice that website link is also basically defunct and I couldn't find anything on Google that would be similar. I did discover that Buddhists generally advocate for monogamy, so you may really be in a niche area with the crossover (ergo the defunct website).

Back