The "How Are You Doing" Thread (redux)

Working away for a week, the money is good, (if they ever pay me), had a nice weekend with my GF, and saw my boy. Even the ex-wife is softening a bit and becoming friendlier.

Went out for a drink . . . and started talking to this guy . . . The chemistry and attraction between us was through the roof . . .

Meantime, feeling a little disappointed about not hearing from my beau, the one I started seeing recently, who usually gets in touch with me on Wednesdays. :( Missing him a bit. Oh well, maybe we'll touch base tomorrow.

So... an update: the guy I had drinks with has asked me out for a dinner date next week. We will zero in on a specific night after the weekend. He sounds busy and stressed. But... yay! He's interested!

Also heard from my Wednesday beau who couldn't get in touch last week, but he was a little stand-offish today, although he said he'd be in touch about getting together again soon.

So, one was a Yay, and the other a Meh. Me? I'm doing okay. Going home to clean my apartment now.

Last edited:
Grumpy, very grumpy today. Frustrated with dating right now. I'm not meeting people I find attractive very often and if I do meet someone, they're not interested in me. I know this will work out over time but at this moment it is really tweaking my last nerve.

feeling in between. My boys mum and him are watching a movie together tonight. Im not invited, I sit 1 mile down the road on my own in my flat, when I know he would like me to be there. Separation and the tradition of everything having to be separate after divorce is so cr4p.

Mind you, I have plenty of urgent work to get on with, too, but work are stretching longer and longer, the time they take to pay me. :mad:

Are they delaying your paychecks? That's not good ...

Im self employed Kevin, but I only have one Customer - they have a cash flow problem, and it is taking nearly 90 days to get some invoices paid. :-(

Blech. Work is killing me. And the boys are dragging their feet getting house stuff done. Meh.

Hopefully things look brighter in the morning.

Learning!

I am doing well today! I am enjoying learning all that I can about different people and their experiences and thinking about what I would want in another relationship. ;)

As it is my girlfriend has to be away for a while (she's already been away for almost a month, and we still have a couple more months left) so I am missing her. :(

LDR's are the pits.

That's for sure! We started as LDR, and when I had to leave school I decided to move down here to be away from family (I wouldn't even had a room to myself) and of course be with her. Yet we don't often now have to be away from each other, so it always sucks when we do.

After a super stressful day at work (on what is actually my day off), I had a very nice second date with the guy I met at a bar two weeks ago. Feeling a little mixed up about it. On the one hand, he said he wants to see me again and will get in touch about that. He said he had a good time, and I think he likes me. I like him, too - a lot. So - yippee! On the other hand, I was disappointed that we didn't get physical. I was really turned on and was dying to go to his place to get naked, but I was a lady and he was a gentleman. I guess it will be a third date thing. <frustrated>

Also hoping my other beau isn't too disappointed that I couldn't text him back when I said I would. He is sweet but we don't get to communicate very frequently, and it was just too hectic at work for me to get into a convo, so I said I'd be in touch during my break -- but I wound up not even taking a break today. I will try to contact him tomorrow but I'm not sure he'll be reachable. Oh well. <bummed>

Things are ok. I have my boy this weekend, and we are going swimming first, and then going cycling in the woods .

Work still sucks but...

Visited with my family and then MrS's parents today. MrS played with the kids. Mom sent home cake for Dude since he missed it. I'm blessed with a good family.:)

I'm somewhat emotionally wrecked.

Wish I could be there for a friend of mine.

Want 2 things that are diametrically opposed.

Feeling like there's no where to lean safely.

*sigh*

Depression sucks. This time of the year is apparently making it worse for me. I just want to feel better and instead I just seen to be going further down. Blah, I hate feeling like this.

It's been ok so far. N quit his job at Walmart. Can't say i blame him though seeing how back asswords they run things. They are seriously abusive to their employees. Of course it's not so much the job as it is the people running the show. He finished out working for Atrox, which was very emotional as it really meant a lot to him. A keeps getting stressed out over financials which is typical really except she keeps bringing it up at bad moments and upsetting N. We both know that he's depressed about giving up his job(he was coming home in tears and angry every night he worked) and straining us. I went into his room last night to love on him and have a few moments of cuddly time because it was after midnight and our 1 year Anniversary(today). Not two minutes in A comes in whining about the phone bill and money problems and worries and just zaps all the good vibes right out of the room. N was so worked up he didn't get to sleep until 10:30am. Which ruined the first half of our day plans. He crawled into my and A's bed late last night and him and A(she knew she had upset him) cried and made amends. I know A doesn't mean to do it but damn.

Hopefully after a good sleep he'll be go to go out tonight.

The boys are out of state picking up my new-to-me (i.e. used) car. Hopefully to be back on Monday.

Going out dancing with Lotus, TT and their friend tonight.

Trying to forget about work stress.

Back