LSB Weight Loss Daily Goals and Accomplishments

Thought I posted here over lunch, but apparently I just post previewed =(

I've been eating very well since the low-grade nausea from my antibiotics makes me not want to eat at all. If nothing sounds good, I might as well eat chicken and veggies. I'm down 3.3 lbs in the last week, which is too much. It will probably go back up slightly as my digestive system starts working as normal again.

At least I didn't overeat at my parents' house this weekend, right?

Congrats on the loss! :D

Holding steady at 185 even though my guts are recovering from the scorched earth antibiotics. I expected to gain, but nope.

I ate some chips yesterday. They were a) chips, and b) put me over my calorie goal, but I didn't care. They didn't put me into overeating area, just took me out of the undereating one, and if I deny myself all the things because I'm "on a diet" I'll just go right back up again when I'm "off my diet." So I figure a small bag of chips every now and then is less harmful overall. This is supposed to be a diet change and it's foolish to think I could give up chips forever. All things in moderation.

Or maybe that's just how I had to justify it to myself =p

So I figure a small bag of chips every now and then is less harmful overall. This is supposed to be a diet change and it's foolish to think I could give up chips forever. All things in moderation.

Or maybe that's just how I had to justify it to myself =p

I think it's a great attitude!

I have my first pilates class tonight. I have never had one before so I am a little nervous. Also, I get my bike tomorrow, in preparation to start bike commuting on Monday.

This is good, because while I am always VERY well behaved during the day at work while I eat, I have not been so good in the evenings. I have been good about avoiding dessert and only doing healthy snacking, but I have been eating whatever I feel like for dinner and drinking too much overall as a response to PMS starting and making me emotional.

Still, I feel like I have made a little progress overall, and hope to see yet more with the exercise addition.

The pilates class KICKED my ASS. To the point where my arms feel noodly just typing on my laptop. And I got on the scale at the studio, and while it only showed a pound difference since the last time I encountered a scale, this time I was chock full of Thai food, so I think it's probably actually more of a difference than that. :p

I have four more classes to go in my trial membership, and I'm going to try to keep going every Thursday for the next month and then see how I feel about it. I can see how I would be pretty effing fit if I kept at it.

ETA: Also, my bike arrived early!

Last edited:
I'm down to 190. I have met my step goal twice. :eek: So, still need to work on that. I'm making smarter choices food-wise, though, and combined with breastfeeding, it seems to be working for me still. I've been cooking more at home so that I'm not eating Hubby's super fattening meals every night (although even that is better than going out so either way - WIN!).

Next week, we're switching up our routine to try to allow me some time to work out. A bike ride at least, and if I consistently dedicate the time to healthy endeavors I will join an affordable gym nearby. This means I need to find a sports bra. Ugh.

Yesterday was bad guys. It was the beer at my gaming group, my old nemesis, and then a friend brought sour cream and cheddar ruffles and it was even more bad.

Back on the wagon today.

I've been eating really well, running, doing my ab work every day... And I've lost one whole pound :cool: Better than gaining, but it's probably within the margin of error for the scale :rolleyes:

On the plus side, I have real ab definition for the first time since my surgery last spring! Bikini here I come!

Also, I went bra shopping. Finally. Almost all of mine have been feeling really uncomfortable lately. My band size is the same, but I have gone from a B cup to a C! So at least a couple of those pesky pounds are in a good place :p

Also, I went bra shopping. Finally. Almost all of mine have been feeling really uncomfortable lately. My band size is the same, but I have gone from a B cup to a C! So at least a couple of those pesky pounds are in a good place :p

Have you been down this rabbit hole yet? I discovered that a 30E with an extender (so, like, technically a 31E :eek:) fits me waaaaay better than my former 34B. To the point where—I shit you not—my boobs actually look better even out of a bra now that I've been wearing that one regularly for a while.

Allie's unexpected three-day visit meant I didn't get to test my bike this weekend, which meant I didn't start riding it to work this week. I haven't even figured out how to unfold it yet, much less get used to riding its differently shaped frame around. So that is an improvement for next week.

But I got a lot of exercise this weekend walking on the beach and hiking. Sadly, I also ate and drank a lot due to guests, and it's period week, so I'm bloated. For real, I am going do better now that Allie's visit is behind me. I do want to get into a bikini at some point this year. :rolleyes:

I didn't go to karate. Again.

Adam did. I think that's why I didn't. Maybe. I don't know.

My step count has consistently gone up. About twice this past week, I did a naptime workout in the house (lunges, squats, etc) and I've used the baby as an arm workout a few times. ha. Diet is about the same. Hubby and I did figure out a way for me to have about an hour after work to workout. So far I've used it to nap instead. lol Fail.

Have you been down this rabbit hole yet? I discovered that a 30E with an extender (so, like, technically a 31E :eek:) fits me waaaaay better than my former 34B. To the point where—I shit you not—my boobs actually look better even out of a bra now that I've been wearing that one regularly for a while.

Yes!!! I was also a 34B, my "correct" size is supposedly a 30 or 32D. But... The cups on those never fit. They're like, the right size but the wrong shape :confused: Right now 34 C fits perfectly. I do have to put the band on the tightest hooks, which I know is supposedly bad, but at least I don't have boob spilling out the side.

Women's clothing sizes... Ugh. I just can't. By every measurement listed in the size charts where I shop, I am a 6/28. But that size falls off me. I need a 4 most places, a few I'm fitting into size 2. Wtf? I know my measurements and they are much larger than what the chart lists as size 2. It's like vanity sizing has gone from making the measurements for a size 6 bigger, to actually LYING about the measurements of the clothing. It's almost enough to make me break down and try clothes on in actual stores instead of shopping online ;)

Yes!!! I was also a 34B, my "correct" size is supposedly a 30 or 32D. But... The cups on those never fit. They're like, the right size but the wrong shape :confused:

Yeah, I literally had to Amazon Prime like 9 bras to find the one that was just the right shape. My boobs are picky, LOL. :p

Week 2 of pilates went well. I sweated up a storm. I forgot to get on the scale :)rolleyes:) but I feel like I am a bit down from last week just in terms of how I feel when I'm naked. Probably loss of water weight now that PMS is over, but maybe also getting a TON of walking/hiking/climbing on stuff in over the weekend? Gonna try to make this weekend another active one!

I've been doing REALLY well with my exercise. Ran four days this week, did core stuff every day.

So-so on the eating :cool: If I stick to my normal routine, I'm fine. Going out is temptation central and I have no willpower :( Sugary cocktails one night. Giant frappaccino another. Also, I've been waking up in the middle of the night recently, and I always eat. Not anything bad - usually yogurt with some granola and fruit - but still. It's a few hundred extra calories and it makes losing weight that much tougher. No solution in sight fir that one, though ... Being awake and too hungry to sleep at 2am is the worst.

I actually started riding the bike to work this week. So far, so good. My butt is bruised though, and I'm gonna need a Plan B for carrying my stuff since a backpack is kinda hurting my lower back. Not sure if I trust my Macbook Pro in a pannier though...hmm...

I've been hovering around 185 for a week now. I haven't really been exercising. It's like I can write when I get home from work, or I could exercise, but I can't do both. And I can't afford to pay the trainer at work since I got hit with a car insurance bill in April, so I'm missing my lunch workout classes. Boo.

Eating has been going a lot better generally, though.

Bike commute is going well, though my butt feels bruised. Experience tells me that will wear off eventually. Pilates tonight and I'll be able to get on a scale and track my progress.

I've been good about food. I was terrible with the booze on the weekend, but since the week started, I've had only a single glass of wine. :cool:

Hopefully this will show up as some kind of progress...

Well, darn. Still no budging on the scale. But pilates was still great and I rode ten miles on the bike today. I wil just keep on keeping at it.

Back